Celebrating Great Outdoors Month and the importance of national service to America’s public lands
Day of Service 2023
Join us in Washington, DC, for The Corps Network’s 2023 Great Outdoors Day of Service.
- WHEN: Friday, June 16
- WHERE: LBJ Memorial Grove
- REGISTER: Click here
We look forward to another day filled with impactful outdoor activities and service!
Support the Day of Service
Learn about exciting opportunities to sponsor the Day of Service.
Deadline: May 19.
June is Great Outdoors Month: a nationally-recognized celebration of America’s public lands and waters and the many ways to enjoy them. The Corps Network celebrates Great Outdoors Month with our National Great Outdoors Day of Service. Young adults from Corps across the country, as well as many friends and partners of the Corps movement, come to Washington, DC, to participate in service projects at iconic parks throughout the Nation’s Capital. The purpose of this event is to:
- Inspire people to get outside and contribute to the preservation of America’s natural spaces. Hiking, biking, camping, fishing – so many outdoor activities would not be possible without proper stewardship of our park infrastructure and resources. All of us can pitch in to maintain the places and habitats that support our favorite activities.
- Raise awareness about the role of service and stewardship in protecting and improving public lands.
- Celebrate the service of the stewards who protect our natural treasures.
- Make a Difference. We hope to make a dent in the backlog of maintenance projects at parks in the nation’s capital, helping our resource management partners focus on other priority projects.
2022 Day of Service
National Capital Parks East
2019 Day of Service
George Washington Memorial Parkway – Theodore Roosevelt Island
2018 Day of Service
George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Click for photos
- Click for press release
- This Day of Service marked the culmination of Outdoor Stewardship Week, a social media campaign to inspire people to #ServeOutdoors.