June 16 marks the first National Service and Conservation Corps Day!
June is Great Outdoors Month: a nationally-recognized celebration of America’s public lands and waters and the many ways to enjoy them. Held in recognition of Great Outdoors Month, National Service and Conservation Corps Day seeks to:
- Celebrate everything that Corps programs have accomplished for our country over the past 90 years.
- Show gratitude to Corps alums, as well as the young adults and veterans actively serving in Corps and helping improve our communities, lands, and waters.
- Raise awareness about Corps and the importance of national service programs in helping maintain our public lands and waters. We can always use more support for the work Corps do to empower young leaders and build a more sustainable tomorrow.
National Service and Conservation Corps Day was made official through a Resolution introduced by Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-NM) and Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA). Co-sponsors include Sens. Chris Coons (D-DE), Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV), and John Hickenlooper (D-CO). Join us in thanking Senators Heinrich, Cassidy, Coons, Capito, and Hickenlooper for their support of national service programs.
Spread the Word on Social Media
- Thank you @SenatorHeinrich & @SenBillCassidy for making 6/16 Service & Conservation Corps Day! @TheCorpsNetwork programs #ServeOutdoors every day to improve America’s public lands. We appreciate your support of #nationalservice in the Great Outdoors https://bit.ly/CorpsDay
- June 16 is Nat’l Service & Conservation Corps Day! We celebrate the important work members of @TheCorpsNetwork do every day to #ServeOutdoors & improve America’s #publiclands. Learn more about the modern movement: https://bit.ly/CorpsDay
- Join us to celebrate 6/16 as Nat’l Service & Conservation Corps Day! We thank the 22,000+ young people who #ServeOutdoors in Corps across the US every year. Corps empower young leaders & build a more sustainable America. Learn more from @TheCorpsNetwork: https://bit.ly/CorpsDay
- On June 16, we celebrate the first ever National Service and Conservation Corps Day! Thank you [insert appropriate handles for Sens. Heinrich and Cassidy or co-sponsors] for sponsoring a U.S. Senate resolution to make this day possible. Every year, Corps programs engage thousands of young adults to #ServeOutdoors across the country on critical projects to maintain our public lands. This #GreatOutdoorsMonth, we join @TheCorpsNetwork to celebrate Corps and raise awareness about the important work they do. Learn more