Position title :Public Engagement Assistant
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Position Description :
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 is an unprecedented effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and respond to the public health, education, and economic crisis caused by the pandemic. It includes measures to deliver immediate relief to American families, fund a national vaccination program, provide aid for small businesses struggling to keep their doors open, cut child poverty in half, reopen schools, and help parents get back to work. American Rescue Plan funds will allow AmeriCorps to:
- Create new national service opportunities
- Provide additional benefits for members and volunteers
- Support nonprofits working in underserved communities
Job Duties :
The incumbent will:
- Manage incoming invitations received for senior leadership, including the Chief Executive Officer, ensuring each invitation is tracked and processed.
- Support travel & public engagements for senior leadership, including the Chief Executive Officer, Chief of Staff, Senior Advisors and Program Directors. This includes making travel arrangements and liaising with external stakeholders to plan itineraries for activities that advance AmeriCorps’ strategic plan.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to prepare remarks, press, and congressional engagements.
- Support agency convenings, summits and other large events. This includes implementing project plans, coordinating logistical details, managing budgets, and keeping all internal and external stakeholders appropriately involved and informed.
- Support senior leadership, including the Chief Executive Officer at events as appropriate, ensuring they are appropriately briefed before and after the event and ensuring any follow up action is documented and carried forward.
- Prepare briefings or other written deliverables for senior level management.
- Serve as the central records repository for all official documents, actions, and decisions related to public engagement activities and support document management. Establishes and maintains an electronic depository of documents.
- Handle FOIA and other information requests assigned to the Public Engagement team by coordinating data compilation and responses to such requests, liaising with the Office of General Counsel and other agency offices as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a United States Citizen
- A 2-year probationary period is required for new Federal employees and supervisors.
- Merit Promotion and internal applicants must submit a SF-50 to verify Status and grade
- Must be telework ready.
- If selected for the position, you must sign an employment agreement prior to onboarding that details the remote working conditions/expectations.
- See the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for more details regarding this position’s FULL-TIME REMOTE status.
- Satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
- A financial disclosure may be required for this position.
- Dates of employment, including beginning and end dates in the following format: month/day/year, must be included on resume.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to at least the mid range of the NY-01 pay band, which would be at or equivalent to, the GS-07 level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Specialized experience includes drafting briefing materials such as briefing memoranda, talking points and meeting summaries to be used by senior officials and supporting senior staff to organize principal and staff level public events.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps VISTA) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Such experience must be clearly documented in the applicant’s resume.
You can use education in lieu of specialized experience. Qualifying education includes: master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related You must submit your transcripts if you are using education in lieu specialized experience.
A combination of both education and specialized experience.
You may also qualify based on a combination of education and experience, if applicable.