What is The Corps Network?download
Maine Conservation Corps
Position title :Environmental Steward - Midcoast Conservancy (Community)
Deadline to apply :10/19/2020
Start Date :01/11/2021
End Date :11/12/2021
Town, City, Park, etc :Edgecomb
State / Territory :Maine
Project/Program Focus :Community Education,Other,Visitor Services,Volunteer Engagement,Young Adult Programs (18+),Youth Programs (<18)
Organization/Program Description :
Midcoast Conservancy is a 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission is to support healthy lands, waters, and communities through conservation, outdoor adventure, and learning. Our focus area includes Lincoln, Knox, and Waldo Counties, encompassing 24 towns and the 450 square miles of the Damariscotta Lake watershed, Medomak River watershed, and Sheepscot River watershed, along with their many tributaries. Work is supported by membership, major donors, grants, and foundations.
Midcoast Conservancy seeks to protect critically important natural resources, improve the quality of life for residents of Midcoast Maine, and provide healthy outdoor adventure and learning programs for youth, adults of all ages, and families.
Position Description :
The Midcoast Conservancy Community Environmental Steward provides critical support to: community trainings, adventure programs, and maintenance of gear, trails, and facilities in the Midcoast region, both through direct service and by providing leadership that supports and builds the volunteer base. The Community Steward will develop skills including: enhanced ability to work with volunteer groups and build relationships with partner organizations, trail development and gear maintenance/ inventory, adventure sport training, trail maintenance, truck/trailer driving, snow grooming, chainsaw operation and facilities maintenance.
Job Duties :
- Maintain and develop volunteer engagement through community leader trainings
- Assist staff with building maintenance and new infrastructure at HVNC
- Assist with trail maintenance at new trail construction at HVNC
- Lead volunteer workdays at HVNC on trails and building renovations
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work closely with volunteers in a professional manner
- Ability to put others at ease, group leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of humor
- Enthusiasm for trail maintenance, construction projects related to trails and facilities, and facilities maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work individually while achieving measurable results
- Passion for Midcoast Conservancy’s mission through outreach
- Critical thinking, flexibility, and problem solving
- Leadership experience: skill and comfort leading groups of youth or adults through challenging experiences, e.g. – Learning to bike xc ski or replacing a bridge.
- Interest in facilities maintenance/ carpentry
- Previous experience/skill in bike maintenance
- Experience/skill in new construction
- Experience/skill in map and compass
To Apply :https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1AuaNqp9ZJ3RjAmhSd6WxsbwXAgkSEZmXO6vx7l4LJjUNcA/viewform
Additional Information :
See Maine Conservation Corps website for full position details, application, as well as MCC and AmeriCorps position requirements.