What is The Corps Network?download
Heart of Oregon Corps
Position title : Marketing Lead (AmeriCorps VISTA)
Type of Position : Corpsmember / Intern
Town, City, Park, etc : Bend
State / Territory : Oregon
Attachments/Supplemental Materials : Announcement-Marketing-VISTA-Web-site-2019.pdf
At Heart of Oregon Corps (HOC), 16-24 year old local young people facing significant barriers to success are given the opportunity to improve their lives through job skills training and alternative education. In Heart of Oregon’s six programs, youth learn employability and leadership skills while working on projects that improve the community. Learn more at www.heartoforegon.org.
Interfacing with both Programming and Development/Communications departments, the AmeriCorps VISTA Marketing Lead supports organizational capacity by enhancing recruitment strategies in order to increase the number of youth engaged in HOC programs.
Interest and passion for helping youth through service is a must, but note that this position serves youth indirectly through building resources and capacity, and does not include working directly with our youth.
- Designing integrated, thoughtful recruitment communication materials including web site, printed materials, videos, and social media strategy
- Co-facilitating HOC Recruitment Work Group with Program Directors
- Conducting research projects on HOC recruitment trends; present findings to internal groups including Board of Directors, Staff Leadership Team, and Recruitment Work Group
- Developing Recruitment Partnerships, creating a strategy to initiate new partnerships and deepen current partnerships.
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum of a high school diploma; a Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- At least one year of office, business, or program experience, which includes file and data coordination.
- Fluency with standard office software and technology, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and web-based applications
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- This position requires the ability to relate sensitively to a multiracial and multicultural group of young people and coworkers, as well as respect for the ideas and intelligence of young adults.
- A good sense of humor is also a plus!
The VISTA position will receive a living allowance stipend of $473.50 bi-weekly, a $1,421 housing stipend for the year, and a $6,095 AmeriCorps Education Award or $1,800 cash stipend paid at completion of service. Includes Health Coverage* and Childcare assistance if eligible. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), 12-month position.
For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare