What is The Corps Network?download
Green City Force
Position title :Program Manager
Deadline to apply :06/22/2020
Town, City, Park, etc :NYC
State / Territory :New York
Benefits :Dental Insurance,Health Insurance,Vision Insurance
Project/Program Focus :Community Education,Energy/Water Efficiency,Farming,Landscaping,Recycling/Waste Mngmt,Stormwater Mngmt,Volunteer Engagement,Young Adult Programs (18+)
Attachments/Supplemental Materials :Program-Manager-JD-2020.pdf
Organization/Program Description :
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 2009, Green City Force’s (GCF) mission is to break the cycle of poverty, preparing urban young adults to succeed in their chosen careers by engaging them in service, training and work experiences related to the clean energy economy. GCF simultaneously addresses three imperatives –unemployment and the lack of prospects for family-supporting careers among low-income youth; changes to the urban environment that must be made to mitigate climate change; and stimulation of the green economy through awareness-raising and individual behavior change.
GCF has garnered awards including the NYC Mayor (Most Innovative Nonprofit), the NYC City Council, the White House (Champions of Change), Environmental Advocates of NY, The Corps Network’s Project of the Year 2016, NY Housing Conference Community Builders First prize 2016,. This is an opportunity to join an organization with a proven track record, strong growth potential, and a positive organizational culture for personal growth and collective impact as part of a dynamic team.
Green City Force is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law. GCF is an Employer of Service.
Position Description :
The Program Manager is responsible for overseeing service, compliance, and Corps Member development across five Farms at NYCHA sites. Working closely with the Operations and Support Services team, supervising five Service Coordinators, and reporting to the Associate Director, the Program Manager will ensure service goals and program outcomes are met on a daily basis and support partnerships and relations with community stakeholders.
The Program Manager position is partially based in the field and will be required to use mobile devices and laptops to communicate with other staff and complete requisite documentation and paperwork.
Job Duties :
● Oversee 60 members, 5 teams/sites, 10-15 members each team and meet expected Corps Member experience and community impact outcomes for the year.
● Supervise and hold accountable Service Coordinators to ensure consistency and compliance across sites, correct and timely submissions of data, and implementation of service schedule and activities.
● Oversee Corps Member (including Eco-Hub Fellows) discipline and development. The Program Manager is responsible for member disciplinary meetings, conflict resolution and overseeing IDP completion for members, with support from Service Coordinators and Support Services team. This includes on-site meetings, office meetings, and all related digital and paper documentation.
● Under supervision of Associate Director, design, plan, and implement team scheduling, service, and training across teams, ensuring adequate and meaningful service hours on a weekly basis.
● Provide logistics/ troubleshooting support, including securing indoor spaces as needed, coordinating and communicating extra service opportunities to members, supporting coordination of field trips and training, troubleshooting scheduling issues that arise, and preparing Service Coordinators with necessary materials and information for delivery of service.
● Track Corps Member and program metrics, including daily attendance, service hours, and other outcome and performance-related data for both members and the program overall. Support communications and reporting on these metrics.
● Coordinate procurement and distribution of program-related materials to members and sites (including Metrocards, stipends, uniform items, printed materials). Maintain safety and programmatic compliance with members and sites.
● With Associate Director, coordinate logistics related to community events, training, and site visits.
● Support Associate Director in developing and maintaining strong relationships with current and potential GCF partner organizations, including service partners, corporate sponsors, foundations, city agencies, employer partners, and NYCHA partners at many levels
● Ensure and maintain effective internal communication among service corps staff.
● Support recruitment activities as needed, and maintain close communications and coordination with recruitment team staff as related to team schedules, recruitment activities and opportunities.
● Attend evening and weekend events as needed.
● Coordinate scheduling with Operations team to ensure coverage for service schedule (Tues-Sat) and during staff absences. Approve schedule of service coordinators and provide coverage as needed.
● Commitment to youth development, social and economic justice, and sustainable development; passion for Green City Force’s mission
● 2-4 years of experience in sustainable agriculture, youth development, national service, sustainability sector, community organizing in low-income communities, construction, or military
● Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 equivalent experience in sustainable development, community organizing, and demonstrating experience and understanding of youth development practices.
● Previous demonstrated effective leadership role with young adults ages 18 – 24 from public housing or other low-income communities
● Effective manager, demonstrated ability to support/ mentor others to execute with excellence
● High level of professionalism, integrity, work ethic, accountability and responsibility
● Highly organized self-starter; ability to take direction, structure tasks, establish priorities and set goals
● Ability to solve problems, mediate conflicts and exercise sound judgment
● Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal and motivational skills, excellent collaborative and teamwork skills
● Strong project management skills – experience with creating project plans, setting goals and deadlines, and keeping a team on schedule to meet deadlines
● Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary and must be able to demonstrate capacity to adapt and be flexible.
● Enthusiasm for, and personal commitment to, healthy sustainable living choices.
● Valid driver’s license