The Work Group, Inc. / New Jersey Youth Corps of Camden
FOUNDED IN: 1985
3720 Marlton Pike
Pennsauken, New Jersey
Service Learning/Environmental Worksite Supervisor
Actively Recruiting: Yes
Position title: Service Learning/Environmental Worksite Supervisor
Deadline to apply: 04/09/2023
Type of Position: Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc: Camden, NJ
State / Territory: New Jersey
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance
Project/Program Focus: Climate Change
The Work Group has an opening for a Service Learning/Worksite Supervisor to train, supervise, and motivate teams of youth on group climate-related community service/work projects.
- Develop, schedule, and implement climate-related service learning projects and education.
- Develop projects with career pathways that will lead corpsmembers to employment in climate-related fields.
- Build and maintain relationships with community worksite partners to develop and monitor climate-related community service projects.
- Work with local, regional, and statewide partners to identify and develop high-quality fee-for-service projects that will provide meaningful training and produce income to support program operation.
- Conduct recruitment and intake of corpsmembers with career goals that align with the program.
- Train and monitor youth in the skills necessary to accomplish assigned projects.
- Monitor, manage, and promote the crew’s physical and emotional safety on and off the work site.
- Coordinate group activities with agency staff and outside trainers that are designed to encourage job skills, workplace readiness, and life skill development.
- Promote individual corpsmember development, counseling, and mentoring.
- Transport crew safely in 12-15 passenger vans.
- Maintain a variety of records, reports, corpsmember and program evaluations, and inventories,
- Complete professional documentation of time sheets, daily and weekly reports, corpsmember and peer evaluations, incident reports, etc.
- Operate the program within budgetary limitations and prepare budgets as required.
- Participate in program development, staff development, and community activities as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have at least three years of experience in vocational instruction, youth development, or a closely related field.
- Leadership experience, preferably with youth and diverse populations required.
- Experience teaching service and/or environmental education curriculum preferred.
- Exceptional motivational skills.
- Flexible team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- Physically fit and able to work alongside students (often outdoors).
- Good driving record (insurable) and current driver’s license.
- High School diploma or GED required. Relevant Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Sense of humor, enthusiasm, and desire to make a positive difference.
The Work Group offers an excellent compensation package, including an outstanding benefit program.
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance for the employee and their dependents, retirement match and paid time off.
If this sounds like the challenge you have been seeking, please send a resume WITH a cover letter and salary requirements today. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. (EOE)
The Work Group, 3720 Marlton Pike, Pennsauken, NJ 08110
The Work Group is a nationally recognized non-profit with 40 years of experience in providing services to urban, out-of-school youth ages 16-25. With the ultimate goal of preparing our students for a lifetime of work, our agency maintains a holistic approach. The Work Group’s Climate Corps program is designed to provide a pre-apprenticeship experience to corpsmembers that will lead to climate-related employment while also providing the local area with sustainable environmental benefit. The scope of services provided to each young person includes paid work experience, community service, and life skills instruction all in the context of workplace readiness.
All staff is required to be full vaccinated against COVID19.