Celebrating Great Outdoors Month and the importance of
national service to America’s public lands
Save the Date!
The 2020 Great Outdoors Day of Service will take place Friday, June 19
at National Capital Parks-East in Washington, DC.
Download Fact Sheet
Download Sponsor Prospectus
More information and registration to come.
June is Great Outdoors Month: a nationally-recognized celebration of America’s public lands and waters and the many ways to enjoy them. The Corps Network celebrates Great Outdoors Month with our National Great Outdoors Day of Service. Young adults from Corps across the country, as well as many friends and partners of the Corps movement, come to Washington, DC to participate in service projects at iconic parks throughout the Nation’s Capital. The purpose of of this event is to:
- Inspire people to get outside and contribute to the preservation of America’s natural spaces. Hiking, biking, camping, fishing – so many outdoor activities would not be possible without proper stewardship of our park infrastructure and resources. All of us can pitch in to maintain the places and habitats that support our favorite activities.
- Raise awareness about the role of service and stewardship in protecting and improving public lands.
- Celebrate the service of the stewards who protect our natural treasures.
- Make a Difference. We hope to make a dent in the backlog of maintenance projects at parks in the nation’s capital, helping our resource management partners focus on other priority projects.
Join us for the 2020 Day of Service
- Date: Friday, June 19, 2020
- Location: National Capital Parks-East, Washington, DC
- Questions: Lashauntya Moore, Member Services Associate, [email protected]
- Download fact sheet
We invite you to join us for the 2020 Great Outdoors Day of Service. The activities may involve invasive species removal, landscaping, litter abatement, graffiti removal, and other maintenance/ improvement projects at one or more of the historic, cultural, and recreational parklands that comprise National Capital Parks-East. More information and registration to come soon.
Sponsor the 2020 Day of Service
The Day of Service is made possible with support from businesses and organizations that love our public lands and believe in the role we can all play in maintaining our natural, cultural and historic sites. Thank you for your consideration.
Learn about 2019 Day of Service
The 2019 Great Outdoors Day of Service took place Friday, June 14 at Theodore Roosevelt Island. The event involved invasive species removal and debris cleanup. Thank you to all the volunteers and to our sponsors: U.S. Forest Service, Guest Services, Inc., National Park Service, Delaware North, Nestlé, Parks Project, DowntownDC and REI.
This Day of Service marked the culmination of Outdoor Stewardship Week, a social media campaign to inspire people to #ServeOutdoors.
#ServeOutdoors | @TheCorpsNetwork