- Waders in the Water Certified Corpsmembers Partner to Help Private Land Owners
- Mary Ellen’s Blog: Play, Learn, Serve and Work – What Corps Do Best
- Earth Conservation Corps founding Board Member honored
- EarthCorps Selected for 300 Year Long Habitat Restoration Stewardship Project in Washington
- Secretary Sally Jewell Visits Northwest Youth Corps as Part of National Park Week
What is The Corps Network?download
Secretary Jewell Kicks Off National Fishing and Boating Week with Earth Conservation Corps
On Monday, June 3, Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell joined U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Deputy Director Rowan Gould at Earth Conservation Corps’s Pump House location on the Anacostia River to kick off a day of recreational and educational activities in recognition of National Fishing and Boating Week. Over 200 students from D.C. metro area elementary and middle schools had the chance to enjoy fishing and boating activities with Secretary Jewell, and learn about fish and wildlife conservation through hands-on activities.
Also participating in the event were Johnny Morris, founder of Bass Pro Shops, and Bob Nixon, founder of Earth Conservation Corps. The staff of Earth Conservation Corps was on hand to demonstrate the organization’s live “osprey-cam,” and introduce visitors to birds of prey from their Raptor Education Program.
The event was sponsored by 13 local and federal government agencies, businesses, and nonprofits.
Secretary Jewell, holding a bird from Earth Conservation Corps’s Raptor Education Program, pictured with Daryl Wallace, ECC Media Arts Director
A boat that took students and guests for a ride down the Anacostia
Earth Conservation Corps Staff Daryl Wallace and Kellie Bolinder giving a demonstration
A fire boat on the Anacostia River puts on a demonstration for the event