Xanterra Travel Collection – Yellowstone National Park
Position title :Housekeeper
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
End Date :10/01/2021
Type of Position :Staff (Seasonal)
Town, City, Park, etc :Yellowstone National Park
Organization/Program Description :
We are a welcoming community that works hard, shares a real passion for the environment, and enjoys crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Position Description :
Applicants for a Housekeeping job will be considered for the following positions, based on skill levels and business needs:
- Responsible for cleaning guest rooms and making them comfortable and inviting.
- Ability to develop and mentor a well-functioning team of Room Attendants from a largely inexperienced staff is a key part of this job.
- Responsible for completing the inspection process to ensure rooms are exceptionally clean and ready for guests’ arrivals.
- Requires knowledge of hotel/motel housekeeping procedures.
- Responsible for cleaning public spaces of our hotels/lodges and providing a welcoming environment to our guests.
- Ability to work on a small team or independently while staying motivated and on-task.
- Customer service experience is preferred as this position involves more guest interaction than the other housekeeping positions.
- Make sure linen is clean and has been processed in a quality manner. The linens from each of our hotels and restaurants are sent to our central laundry facility located in Gardiner, MT to be cleaned, sorted, folded and sent back into the park.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and walk, stand, bend, kneel and climb up and downstairs for up to 8 hours per shift.
Ability to push or pull up to 200 pounds occasionally when moving linen bins.
Working with chemicals
Good communication and time management skills
Additional Benefits :
There are many factors that affect what you earn and what you save. Many of the typical day-to-day costs you have back home may disappear. With careful planning, employees who have a savings goal in mind can save hundreds, if not thousands, in a single season!
Wages start at $12.25/hour and go up from there depending on the position and your experience level
Time and a half paid above 40 hours
FREE In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) and all utilities
All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($164.24 per two-week pay period)
Low-cost/discounted medical services at three urgent care clinics within the park
No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, entertainment, games, and more).
$350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
Up to 50% off lodging and camping for you plus your friends and family at all Xanterra Parks locations
15% off Verizon Phone Service/Products
20-30% off food and Beverage products and 30-40% off Retail items at all Xanterra Parks locations
Businesses in 5 different gateway communities offer employee discounts
Discounted Horseback, Stagecoach, and Scenicruise Rides as well as in-park Bus Tours and Fishing Boat Rentals