What is The Corps Network?download
Utah Conservation Corps
Position title :Recruitment Assistant
Deadline to apply :10/23/2020
Town, City, Park, etc :Remote, anywhere in US
State / Territory :Utah
Project/Program Focus :Data Collection,Disaster Prep/Response,Forestry,Habitat Restoration,Invasive Species Mngmt,Trails,Volunteer Engagement,Wildfire Mngmt,Wildlife Mngmt,Young Adult Programs (18+)
Organization/Program Description :
UCC is an AmeriCorps program made up of members, staff, and partners dedicated to service to our community and environment. We engage in projects throughout the state of Utah that address goals relating to environmental conservation, leadership, education, and sustainability. Utah Conservation Corps is a program of Utah State University’s Center for Civic Engagement & Service Learning.
Position Description :
The Utah Conservation Corps (UCC) Recruitment Assistant will provide support to UCC staff through recruitment and selection of UCC field crew members. The Recruitment Assistant will also assist UCC staff with other recruitment related tasks. This position is directly supervised by the UCC Communications Coordinator. This is a part-time position. Remote work option available.
Assists UCC staff with recruitment and selection of UCC field crew members.
- Assists with reviewing crew member applications, conducting interviews, and selecting AmeriCorps field crew members.
- Responsible for updating contact and hiring worksheets.
- Responsible for sending UCC Welcome Packet, Agreement Letter, and any other position acceptance related correspondence to field crew members.
- Responsible for inviting members and maintaining groups where incoming and existing members can communicate (Google Groups, Facebook, etc.).
- Communicates with incoming AmeriCorps members, corresponds via email and phone, answers member questions, provides guidance and serves as a resource of information for new members.
- Communicates recruitment updates to UCC staff on a regular basis.
Assists UCC staff with other recruitment related tasks.
- Assists the Communications Coordinator with other recruitment related tasks including, but not limited to, attending job fairs and other recruiting events (in-person and virtual) and creation and/or distribution of UCC advertisement materials,
- May assist with specialty crew or targeted recruitment efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or two years of comparable experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional computer experience with word processing and spreadsheet creation/management emphasis
- Ability to accurately complete data entry with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize and track hundreds of applicant files
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Familiarity with community volunteerism, non-profit organizations, natural resource conservation issues, and national service required
Contact Information :