What is The Corps Network?download
Utah Conservation Corps
Position title :Individual Placement & Disaster Response Coordinator
Deadline to apply :04/09/2021
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Logan
State / Territory :Utah
Project/Program Focus :Aquatic Restoration, Data Collection, Disaster Prep/Response, Farming, Forestry, Habitat Restoration, Invasive Species Mngmt, Trails, Volunteer Engagement, Wildfire Mngmt, Wildlife Mngmt, Young Adult Programs (18+)
Organization/Program Description :
UCC is an AmeriCorps program established in 2001. Our organization is comprised of members, staff, and partners dedicated to service to our community and environment. We engage in projects throughout the state of Utah that address goals relating to environmental conservation, leadership, education, and sustainability. UCC is a program of Utah State University’s Center for Community Engagement.
The Center for Community Engagement serves as a hub for community engagement, providing diverse student and community opportunities and institutional vision and direction. The CCE was established in 2013, and has been committed to developing active citizens through community engagement and scholarship.
Position Description :
The Utah Conservation Corps Individual Placement and Disaster Response Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating the day-to-day fiscal, administrative, and operational activities for UCC’s state-wide Individual Placement AmeriCorps program and oversees all stages of UCC’s national disaster response program operations. This position works under the supervision of the Utah Conservation Corps AmeriCorps Program Coordinator.
Job Duties :
- Designs, coordinates, and implements the Utah Conservation Corps Individual Placement and Disaster Response programs.
- Awards Individual Placement AmeriCorps positions to partner organizations.
- Serves as principle liaison and develops new and maintains existing partnerships with school, non-profit, and government entities in coordination with the Project and Partners Coordinator.
- Monitors and administers program revenues and expenses and supports development of funding proposals.
- Facilitates timely issuance of Individual Placement program applications, agreements, and invoicing.
- Develops, designs, and maintains Individual Placement program elements, including member orientation, training, member development, manuals, and progress reporting.
- Supervises Individual Placement site supervisors and other program members.
- Promotes, develops, and maintains AmeriCorps and hourly intern positions with federal partner organizations.
- Conducts continuous evaluation of program goals, outputs, and outcomes.
- Builds program capacity through ongoing member training and networking as well as the sharing of best practices.
- Provides logistical support for Individual Placements including travel, reimbursements and per diem.
- Monitors the Corps Network Resource Assistant Program and provides support for Resource Assistants.
- Provides logistical support for Resource Assistants including travel, reimbursements and per diem.
- Coordinates Individual Placement program management in conjunction with UCC AmeriCorps Program Coordinator when deployed for Disaster Response operations.
- Coordinates with UCC PR & Marketing Coordinator to properly promote and increase visibility efforts for Individual Placement program.
- Oversees all stages of UCC’s disaster response operations.
- Works with UCC Recruitment Specialist to keep a database of on-call AmeriCorps members for disaster response.
- Works with UCC PR & Marketing Coordinator to properly promote and increase visibility efforts for disaster response crews.
- Works with UCC Director, Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism, and the Corporation for National Community Service to properly plan for and respond to disasters.
- Coordinates all logistical and purchasing matters for disaster response crews.
- Is on-call to travel initially with disaster response crews and assume incident command leadership roles for up to four weeks.
- Attends professional meetings and training sessions to improve current UCC disaster response operations.
- Participates in quarterly program staff retreats to address the program areas of strategic planning, recruitment goals, AmeriCorps compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree plus two years of related work experience; or a bachelor’s degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education plus experience.
- Job offer contingent upon a successfully passed background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, environmental education, conservation, or a related field preferred.
- Previous disaster response experience and knowledge of incident command structure preferred.
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps member program management preferred.
- Knowledge of conservation corps operations preferred.
- Experience developing partnerships with federal, state, and non-profit organizations for both Individual Placements and disaster response operations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and partnership-building skills.
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to use multiple data tracking/reporting systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Program leadership and development experience.
- Knowledge of AmeriCorps/National Service, community volunteerism, environmental education, non-profit organizations, and natural resource conservation issues desired.
Additional Benefits :
Salary: $37,800.00 plus excellent benefits through Utah State University
Contact Information :