What is The Corps Network?download
Utah Conservation Corps
Position title :Field Crew Member
Start Date :09/28/2020
End Date :11/21/2020
Town, City, Park, etc :Logan
State / Territory :Utah
Benefits :AmeriCorps,Education Award,Student Loan Forbearance
Project/Program Focus :Forestry,Habitat Restoration,Invasive Species Mngmt
Attachments/Supplemental Materials :a04045e59b3ec2d94db88e952a509cf3
Organization/Program Description :
UCC is an AmeriCorps program composed of AmeriCorps members, staff, and partners dedicated to service to our community and environment. We engage in projects throughout the state of Utah that address goals relating to resource conservation, stewardship, and sustainability.
Position Description :
UCC Field Crew Members spend 300+ hours (45-50 hours per week) working and living outdoors as part of a Utah Conservation Corps crew in service to public lands and the communities that surround them. Crew Members are responsible for being a contributing member of their crew, upholding and abiding by UCC policies & procedures, and conducting themselves in a safe and productive manner. Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated outdoor skills and experience, previous corps or related experience, current first aid and CPR certification, and high degrees of professionalism and maturity.
All crew members will be given abbreviated, project specific training on safe and proper tool use, project techniques, and UCC specific outdoor living. Crews complete projects on Utah’s public lands related to habitat restoration, invasive species removal, fence construction, trail construction or forest fire fuels reduction. Weekly project schedules are variable. Crews spend 8 to 12 hour days working on physically demanding projects in the outdoors.
Utah Conservation Corps arranges for camping and travel during project time and supplies all tools and safety equipment and uniform shirts. Crew Members must provide their own work boots, work pants, and personal camping gear. Crew Members receive a living allowance for buying their own food for project time and off time, and arranging for housing and transportation during off time. This position is an AmeriCorps term of service that requires a full-time commitment.
- Great attitude and love of the outdoors!
- Commitment to public lands and contributing to America’s conservation legacy
- Ability to work as part of a small crew, including demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills
- Ability to work hard on physically demanding projects for long hours outdoors
- Ability and willingness to work and camp in remote settings in all sorts of weather conditions
- Ability to maintain personal physical and mental health throughout the position
PREFERRED APPLICANTS WILL:
- have previous corps or equivalent experience
- have demonstrated outdoor skills
- have current First Aid / CPR certification
- demonstrate high levels of professionalism and maturity
- At least 18 years of age at the start of the season
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Agree to undergo a criminal history background check
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and maturity
- Ability to live and work in remote or primitive settings
- Ability to work long hours, outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions
- Eligible to enroll in an AmeriCorps term of service
To Apply :https://ucc.usu.edu/apply/index
Contact Information :