What is The Corps Network?download
The Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
Position title : Food & Farm Crew Member
Start Date : 9/2/2019
End Date : 11/1/2019
Type of Position : Corpsmember / Intern
Town, City, Park, etc : Richmond
State / Territory : Vermont
We (VYCC) believes young people change the world. Youth and young adults (ages 15-24) join VYCC for practical and hands-on work, personal growth, and deep connection to the natural world by working on farm and conservation crews across the state. Through this work, it’s VYCC’s mission to teach young people personal responsibility through meaningful work that connects us to the land, community, and one another.
Over 250 young people will get paid this summer and fall to be Crew Members or Crew leaders as part of our award winning Conservation and Farm programs. #LetsDigIn
Join our fall Farm Crew to harvest, pack and deliver the final months of our Health Care Share, a farm to hospital CSA program. This crew will learn organic farming skills, expand their leadership skills, and work as a team to feed Vermonters in need.
This is a non-residential crew that works Monday-Thursday, 8-4:30 p.m at our farm in Richmond, VT.
- Serve 8-10 hours per day completing physically demanding tasks and projects.
- Work on a team with 4-6 other Crew Members & Crew Leaders
- Plant, tend, and harvest vegetables for our Health Care Share
- Complete chores to take care of livestock on farm.
- Pack and deliver Health Care Share to three participating health care facilities.
- Participate in the WoRD program (writing, reading, and discussion), VYCC’s educational component meant to generate group discussion and individual reflection
- Participate in orientation, pre-season training, and scheduled trainings throughout term of service.
- Adhere to the policies and practices put forth by VYCC and AmeriCorps.
- Over 17 years of age.
- Have reliable transportation to farm or Richmond Park & Ride (we can provide transportation daily to and from the Richmond Park & Ride).
- A desire to do your part and change the world with us.
- Openness to learning, working hard outside, meeting new people, and receiving feedback.
- Willingness and commitment to following all immediate and general crew policies.
- Able to join a crew for the full season/term of service.
- Uphold the VYCC mission
- Weekly stipend of $300, paid bi-weekly
- AmeriCorps Segal Education Award of$1.252.91 (based on number of hours served)
- Transportation to projects and educational opportunities during the work day.
- Transportation to and from Richmond Park & Ride, if needed.
- Recreation and Educational opportunities throughout session and during session breaks, including Wilderness First Aid Certifications.
- Access to our robust Alumni network for career, college, and general networking connections.
- Career and college pathway support and counseling.
- Awesome “office” views of the Green Mountains and valleys.
- Member of a dynamic organization with tremendous impact on Vermont’s youth and environment.
- Farm fresh food to bring home with you at the end of the work day.
For more information about VYCC, please head to our website at www.vycc.org/join