The Nature Conservancy
Position title :Conservation Information Manager
Deadline to apply :03/16/2022
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Organization/Program Description :
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
In addition to the minimum requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Passion, innovation, and diversity are all key components to advancing our Mission and we encourage you to apply.
All TNC staff based in the U.S. or a U.S. Territory are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of receiving one of the vaccines approved in the U.S. (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) shall be condition of employment and must be provided prior to starting work. TNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and reasonable accommodations for candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to a valid medical or religious reason, or claim an exemption under applicable state law will be considered.
Position Description :
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
This position will play an essential role in the success of a team that is passionate, dedicated, and multi-faceted. We are looking for a capable individual who will be responsible for performing multiple business functions related to TNC in Vermont’s mission, including conservation team organization and planning, gathering and managing conservation information towards accomplishing conservation goals, and supporting the conservation and science team in planning and executing our projects.
The Conservation Information Manager provides administrative, project management, communications, and other general assistance to conservation and science program staff working toward the achievement of program goals. This role gathers and manages conservation information, participates in conservation team planning, assists with the administration of grants and contracts, maintains project records, and supports the conservation team with administrative processes. The Conservation Information Manager coordinates land protection project packages, decision-making, project approval and implementation. The Conservation Information Manager works with TNC legal staff on tracking, approval, and compliance. This may include collecting, assembling, inputting, and analyzing various types of data, communicating with project managers and conservation partners, producing maps using GIS software, and assisting in the production of reports. The Conservation Information Manager coordinates multiple projects, sets deadlines, tracks deliverables, and provides ongoing logistical and administrative support for the conservation team. Most work is generally completed in an office setting but does include field site visits on a semi-regular basis.
Job Duties :
- Coordinates conservation team meetings, communications, and logistics.
- Develops land protection project packages, manages protection approval processes, and assists stewardship team with new preserve and easement acquisitions.
- Maintains and updates relevant TNC databases and reporting tools, including Legal Link, The Conservation Hub, and Carbon databases.
- Assists with (and develops systems for tracking) outgoing grants to support conservation work and increase capacity of conservation partners.
- Assists as needed with outgoing contracts to implement conservation projects and research development. Ensures adherence to relevant TNC SOPs and any pertinent federal and/or state requirements.
- Works with stewardship staff to support annual legal compliance monitoring of Vermont preserves and conservation easements.
- Administers property tax, current use, and leases for TNC’s preserve lands in Vermont
- Solicits support of intern(s) and/or volunteers as needed.
- Supervises no staff but may oversee and direct work of office volunteers or interns.
- Coordinates multiple tasks or projects in a timely manner and with attention to detail.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, in difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances
- Makes day-to-day decisions as delegated by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ related experience in natural resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing, maintaining, and populating databases and manual files
- Experience coordinating multiple projects.
- Experience handling standard business communications.
- Experience completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using ArcGIS software.
- Experience with field work and collecting data using GPS tools.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with principles, current trends and practices in land management and natural resource conservation.
- Ability and willingness to apply science to decision-making and guide activities.
- Relationship building skills to work closely with a variety of state, federal and non-profit conservation partners and the general public.
- Excellent communication skills via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Ability to complete tasks independently within assigned time frames.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, with assignments sometimes coming from several sources.
- Strong administrative skills including attention to detail and numerical ability.
- Ability to coordinate project information from several sources to populate databases, create reports and produce manual files.
- Experience utilizing databases for data entry and report production.
- Ability to plan, administer and record results of work-team meetings and activities.
- Ability to plan and execute field work efficiently, as well as handle unexpected challenges while in the field.
- Multi-lingual and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Grant writing and budgeting experience appreciated.
To Apply :https://careers.nature.org/psc/tnccareers/APPLICANT/APPL/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=51050&PostingSeq=1&PortalActualURL=https%3A%2F%2Fcareers.nature.org%2Fpsc%2Ftnccareers%2FAPPLICANT%2FAPPL%2Fc%2FHRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL%3FPage%3DHRS_APP_JBPST_FL%26Action%3DU%26FOCUS%3DApplicant%26SiteId%3D1%26JobOpeningId%3D51050%26PostingSeq%3D1&PortalRegistryName=APPLICANT&PortalServletURI=https%3A%2F%2Fcareers.nature.org%2Fpsp%2Ftnccareers%2F&PortalURI=https%3A%2F%2Fcareers.nature.org%2Fpsc%2Ftnccareers%2F&PortalHostNode=APPL&NoCrumbs=yes&PortalKeyStruct=yes&
Contact Information :
To apply for job ID 51050, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on March 16, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact [email protected].
Additional Information :
This position requires a valid driver’s license and compliance with TNC’s Auto Safety Program. Employees may not drive Conservancy-owned/leased vehicles, rental cars, or personal vehicles on behalf of the Conservancy if considered “high risk drivers.” To learn more about the Auto Safety Program, visit https://www.nature.org/en-us/about-us/careers/recruitment/ under the FAQ section.
Employment in this position will be contingent upon completion of a Vehicle Use Agreement, which may include a review of the prospective employee’s motor vehicle record.