What is The Corps Network?download
The Great Basin Institute
Position title :Recruitment and Compliance Coordinator
Deadline to apply :11/28/2019
Start Date :12/02/2019
End Date :12/02/2020
Town, City, Park, etc :Reno
State / Territory :Nevada
Organization/Program Description :
The Great Basin Institute (GBI) is a non-profit organization that promotes environmental education, research and service throughout the West. The Institute advances ecological literacy and conservation through educational outreach and direct service programs. GBI recruits seasonal and annual personnel through our AmeriCorps, Ecological Monitoring, and Research Associate programs to support federal, state and local land management agencies on a wide variety of projects in natural, cultural, and recreation resource management.
Position Description :
GBI seeks a Recruitment and Compliance Coordinator to support all aspects of placing qualified candidates in positions based in Nevada and other western states. The Recruitment and Compliance Coordinator works with GBI program staff to advertise and promote professional development opportunities locally and nation-wide; coordinate interviews, reference-check and on-boarding procedures; as well as ensure compliance with GBI and agency rules and regulations. Excellent verbal and written communication and strong organizational skills are required for this position.
Job Duties :
- Assist with the implementation and improvement of GBI’s annual recruitment strategy and plan;
- Advertise available employment opportunities for designated GBI programs via the internet, lists of alumni, university and agency contacts, newspapers, public presentations, events, social media, etc.;
- Aid in maintaining relationships with colleges/universities, professional societies, non-governmental organizations, alumni and other recruitment sources;
- Support GBI’s diversity recruitment and placement strategy;
- Represent GBI during some general public and recruitment outreach at events and job fairs.
- Collect and screen applications and respond to employment inquiries;
- Assist with conducting interviews for designated positions;
- Conduct reference checks;
- Prepare and distribute new hire paperwork, and update new hire and resource documents as necessary;
- Generate new employee contracts and profiles, and collect, file and track new hire paperwork; and
- Routinely review, augment and update recruitment strategies for programs and individual projects.
- Maintain and audit files to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines; and
- Routinely review, augment and update compliance strategies for programs and individual projects
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or prior experience in supporting job functions;
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic office environment, and to consistently enact high performance standards and a strong work and team ethic in support of the mission of GBI;
- Relevant or related recruitment experience, including generating position descriptions, conducting interviews, reference checks, public relations, promotion/advertisement, and maintaining databases;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, in response to inquiries, and with applicants and candidates for positions, agency partners, and GBI program and administrative staff;
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or federal or state agencies preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot on a daily basis;
- Acute attention to detail with an ability to synthesize complex information, including federal regulations and policies;
- Strongly developed organizational skills and ability to self-motivate; and
- Experience with spreadsheet and database software.
All offers of employment are conditional upon completion of an acceptable check of the National Sex Offender Public Registry and federal criminal background check.
Additional Benefits :• Wage: $16.00+/hour, DOE • Benefits: Health insurance (medical, dental, vision); paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation
To Apply :http://crcareers.thegreatbasininstitute.org/careersmobile/careers.aspx?rf=TCN&req=2019-GBI-017
Contact Information :