What is The Corps Network?download
The Corps Network
Position title :Social Media Intern
Type of Position :Corpsmember / Intern
Town, City, Park, etc :Remote
Organization/Program Description :
Established in 1985, The Corps network is the National Association of Service and Conservation Corps. Corps are locally-based organizations that engage young adults (generally ages 16 – 25) and veterans (up to age 35) in service projects that address recreation, conservation, disaster response, and community needs. Through a term of service that could last from a few months to a year, Corps participants – or “Corpsmembers” – gain work experience and develop in-demand skills. Corpsmembers are compensated with a stipend or living allowance and often receive an education award or scholarship upon completing their service.
Position Description :
Do you want to work with an organization that provides a positive influence in the lives of young people and has a significant impact on communities and the environment? Are you knowledgeable about social media and excited about the latest trends? This might be the internship for you!
The Corps Network seeks a part-time, social media intern. This paid internship will start in April 2021 and continue for approximately six months. Working 20 hours per week with the Communications Team, the intern will help create original social media content, monitor social media accounts and trends, develop a social media strategic plan and various campaigns, research social media best practices, and assist with related communications tasks as needed. The intern will gain experience working at a national nonprofit and using social media and other communications tools in a professional setting.
The Corps Network supports Corps by advocating on their behalf, providing access to funding and project opportunities, and by offering expertise in Corps operations and programming. Every year, The Corps Network’s efforts enable nearly 25,000 diverse young people and recent veterans to strengthen communities, improve the environment, and transform their lives through service in Corps programs.
Job Duties :
- Help monitor The Corps Network’s social media presence, researching accounts to follow and hashtags to use to enhance The Corps Network’s social media impact.
- Create social media posts, optimizing content and images for various platforms.
- Support partner social media accounts managed by The Corps Network, including the Corps Jobs Exchange Facebook page.
- Help strategize social media campaigns.
- Research social media best practices, experiment with new tools, and keep track of emerging trends.
- Assist with graphic design, writing, research and other communications-related projects as needed.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Completed or pursuing a Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Communications, Journalism or related area of study. May substitute equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Must be available to work 20 hours per week, beginning in April 2021 for approximately 6 months.
- Enthusiasm for social media and experience using sites like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Experience using social media monitoring and scheduling tools, such as Hootsuite, a plus.
- Excellent writing and research skills. Blogging and/or journalism experience a plus.
- Basic photo editing skills. Graphic design skills or more advanced experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products a plus.
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights, to track audience engagement and campaign performance a plus.
- Experience with event planning and implementation a plus.
- Interest in environmental issues, conservation, volunteering, youth development, national service, and green jobs.
Contact Information :
Please send your resume, 1 – 2 short writing examples (links or document files), and a brief cover letter describing your qualifications and why this internship interests you to https://www.indeed.com/job/social-media-intern-f1e833355a92b22f.
If you have them, please also send examples of graphic design work or professional social media posts (i.e. not posts from a personal account – links or screenshots are fine). Thank you for your interest. We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications.
Additional Information :
- This position is remote. The Corps Network is based in Washington, DC.
- Equal Opportunity Employer.