The Corps Network
Position title :Program Coordinator - Gulf Operations
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Gulfport
State / Territory :Mississippi
Organization/Program Description :
Established in 1985, The Corps Network is the National Association of Service and Conservation Corps. Corps are locally-based organizations that engage young adults (generally ages 16 – 25) and veterans (up to age 35) in service projects that address recreation, conservation, disaster response, and community needs. Through a term of service that could last from a few months to a year, Corps participants – or “Corpsmembers” – gain work experience and develop in-demand skills. Corpsmembers are compensated with a stipend or living allowance and often receive an education award or scholarship upon completing their service.
Position Description :
Do you want to work with an organization that provides a positive influence in the lives of young people and makes a significant impact on communities and the environment? Do you have a strong passion for conservation work and a desire to provide mentorship to emerging conservation leaders? Then this may be the job for you!
The Corps Network (TCN) seeks a full-time Program Coordinator that will report to the Director of Gulf Operations in our Gulfport, MS, office. The Program Coordinator will provide program and administrative support for the day-to-day operations associated with all projects related to the Gulf Programs and other TCN related programs like professional development and field work project management. The Program Coordinator will coordinate activities and functions of a designated program to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within established priorities, timeline limitations, funding limitations and the specifications outlined by the program.
Job Duties :
- Implement and execute program objectives as outlined in funded grants/contracts.
- Provide leadership in support of the Corps organizations overarching and crew-specific programmatic goals.
- Serve as the field operations specialist for projects that have field work specific to The Corps Network’s funded scope of work which may vary depending on project.
- Support the Corps organization and management of field crews and operations, may include but not be limited to: working with crews at their project sites, assisting Corps organization management with training crew leaders and members, performing project site visits, and managing logistics.
- Serve as a principal liaison between the program partners and the Director of Gulf
- Coordinate with the Director of Gulf Operations all aspects of the sub agreements with field work components including operational and financial.
- Serve as the principal point of contact and manager of field work to ensure the implementation and quality control of field work being completed by Corps organizations. This will include ensuring the project is implemented and executed with risk management, safety, and proper trainings.
- Ensure the data and monitoring requirements of the project are met by the Corps organization.
- Visit projects in the GulfCorps program to help determine scopes of work, project descriptions, complete spreadsheets and other administrative responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain a career mentor relationship with 18 – 25 age group, some of who are from underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Manage assigned deliverables and planning to ensure objectives of the GulfCorps program are being met.
- Develop professional development skill content to deliver to Corpsmembers.
- Teach and deliver professional development curriculum, interviews, and other teaching opportunities to Corpsmembers.
- Data collection using Smartsheets, Asana and other software.
- Work with Corpsmembers to develop goals and strategies to achieve goals. Also monitor and assist in their progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental field preferred, but not required.
- Previous Corps experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team and be flexible under changing circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (writing, speaking, and delivering basic presentations).
- Experience with collecting and processing information on spreadsheets and documents, Smart Sheet experience a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Ability to handle and exercise discretion with confidential and sensitive information and documents.
- Exhibit a passion for conservation work, and a desire to provide mentorship to emerging conservation leaders.
- Experience in training or educational programs, conservation Corps or environmental restoration is a plus.
To Apply :https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=program+coordinator&jk=46cefd6e992ce8fe&_ga=2.47946663.1257728200.1629724520-34240247.1596030737
Additional Information :
Please use the following link to apply.
Thank you for your interest. We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer