The Corps Network
Position title :Government Relations Coordinator
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Washington
State / Territory :District of Columbia
Organization/Program Description :
Established in 1985, The Corps Network is the National Association of Service and Conservation Corps. Corps are locally-based organizations that engage young adults (generally ages 16 – 25) and veterans (up to age 35) in service projects that address recreation, conservation, disaster response, and community needs. Through a term of service that could last from a few months to a year, Corps participants – or “Corpsmembers” – gain work experience and develop in-demand skills. Corpsmembers are compensated with a stipend or living allowance and often receive an education award or scholarship upon completing their service.
Position Description :
Do you have a strong interest in government relations and are interested in applying your knowledge of the Federal Government and Congress? Are you looking to work with an organization that provides a positive influence in the lives of young people and make a significant impact on the community and natural space? Then this may be the job for you!
The Corps Network (TCN) seeks a full-time Government Relations Coordinator to work with the Director of Government Relations in the Washington, DC office. The Government Relations Coordinator will work to execute the policy and legislative agenda and to promote TCN’s Member-Corps to Congress and the Federal Government. The Government Relations Coordinator will also work to expand strategic partnership and initiatives to advance TCN priorities while helping to build grassroots engagement among our membership so that each Corps can confidently advocate for and on behalf of the communities we serve.
Job Duties :
- Act as a key point of contact with Congressional (personal office and committee) and Agency staff.
- Track and analyze Congressional legislation, federal agency regulation, committee hearings, and mark-ups of interest to TCN.
- Research federal laws, policy positions, regulations, and Members of Congress that align with membership priorities.
- Draft and develop legislation, legislative amendments, memos, talking points, and policy recommendations.
- Support the development and execution of outreach and advocacy strategies in support of policy and legislative objectives.
- Attend meetings, events, and briefings in Congress and the Federal Government.
- Research and attend partner-organization/coalition events or meetings.
- Develop materials, reports, and documents for government relations meetings, advocacy strategies, and communications projects.
- Research and write on government relations issues, legislative proposals, news, and activities.
- Help operate various internal government relations work groups and coalitions.
- Work with other TCN Departments on the intersection of government relations and other priorities.
- Coordinate and help to develop The Corps Network’s annual National Conference and Day of Service.
- Identify member needs and research federal and foundation resources, grants, and/or legislative or regulatory solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 4 years of related work experience, previous Congressional, government, national service and/or military service experience a plus.
- A strong interest in Congressional and Federal Government Relations and working knowledge of Congress, the White House, and Federal Agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, research, and analytical skills.
- Familiarity and/or demonstrated interest in youth and veteran workforce development, national service/AmeriCorps, public lands/natural resource management and/or climate resilience and adaption.
- Diplomatic and comfortable interacting in politically sensitive environments.
- Confident to work as part of a team as well as independently, often under tight deadlines and across multiple projects at once.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Dropbox. Experience with CRM systems (ex. Salesforce) a plus.
To Apply :https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=government+relations+coordinator&jk=4558a374c526cf6b&_ga=2.62362220.11924181.1630595476-34240247.1596030737
Additional Information :
Please apply online using the following link
Thank you for your interest. We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer