What is The Corps Network?download
Texas Conservation Corps
Position title : Ranch & Resource Management Individual Placement
Deadline to apply : 08/26/2019
Start Date : 09/02/2019
End Date : 11/29/2019
Type of Position : Corpsmember / Intern
Town, City, Park, etc : Johnson City
State / Territory : Texas
The Individual Placement Program with TxCC is an opportunity for young adults to serve specialized terms of service as part of a team with our state or federal partners. This opportunity will put a pair of AmeriCorps members with a National Park Service team responsible for the management and maintenance of the working LBJ Ranch.
In nature we know habitats that are dominated by one plant or animal are fragile and less productive. What we know to be true in nature we know to be true in the communities we live and serve in. We encourage people of all identities and experience levels to be a part of TxCC and help nurture the productivity and resilience of diversity in our community!
During your term of service you may help with repairing fences and gates, invasive plant removal, and other historic resource management projects at the ranch . You will be expected to safely operate a variety of power and hand tools as part of your service. During your term you will perform physically strenuous tasks, outdoors, in a variety of weather types. No experience or skills required, just a positive attitude and a willingness to serve with a diverse crew environment! Training, tools, and safety gear are provided.
- High school diploma or GED
- Between the ages of 18-28
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US Resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to hike 3-10 miles per day in rugged terrain, while carrying tools
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather types while doing hard, often repetitive, labor with hand & power tools
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Commitment to complete entire term of service
- $1,308 per month stipend
- AmeriCorps Education Award
- Technical & Soft Skills Training
- Opportunity to network with National Park Service Staff!
If you are interested in learning more about our opportunities or you are ready to apply, please visit our Program Page! Our online application is the only thing needed to start your interview process!
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our Member Placement Specialist, Trevor Rice at [email protected] or 512.289.5817!
We look forward to seeing your application soon!