What is The Corps Network?download
Texas Conservation Corps
Position title : Trails Across Texas Crew Member, 6 Months
Deadline to apply : 06/17/2019
Start Date : 07/01/2019
End Date : 12/18/2019
Type of Position : Corpsmember / Intern
Town, City, Park, etc : Austin
State / Territory : Texas
Serve on a dedicated trail crew in the Lone Star State!
The Trails Across Texas program with TxCC is an opportunity for young adults to complete high-priority trail improvement projects in Texas State Parks.
A TAT crew is made up of 2 AmeriCorps leaders and 8 members. The crew regularly travels throughout the state while camping for 10 days at a time! A term as a crew member with Texas Conservation Corps is both a challenging and rewarding experience that you will remember for the rest of your life!
In nature we know habitats that are dominated by one plant or animal are fragile and less productive. What we know to be true in nature we know to be true in the communities we live and serve in. We encourage people of all identities and experience levels to be a part of TxCC and help nurture the productivity and resilience of diversity in our community!
As a Trails Across Texas Crew Member you will spend your season completing a variety of trail projects in Texas State Parks. These projects may include building new trails, improving existing trails, constructing stone retaining walls, installing boardwalks, chainsaw work, and more. Members will be trained in using tools such as chainsaws, picks, pruning saws, loppers, and rock bars. Crews travel to out of town project sites often, camping for 10 days at a time. No experience or skills required, just a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard within a diverse crew environment.
- Constructing & maintaining trails
- Erosion Control
- Construction & upkeep of public land features
- Maintaining vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Camp for up to 10 days at a time
- Assist with camp duties such as cooking & dishes
- High school diploma or GED
- Between the ages of 21-28
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US Resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to hike 3-12 miles per day in rugged terrain, while carrying tools
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather types while doing hard, often repetitive, labor with hand & power tools
- Ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Commitment to complete entire term of service
- $1,308 per month stipend
- AmeriCorps Education Award
- Student Loan Deferment
- Wilderness First Aid & CPR Certification
- Technical & Soft Skills Training
- Health Insurance
- Consistent camping in Texas State Parks!
- Opportunity to network with partnering agencies!
If you are interested in learning more about our opportunities or you are ready to apply, please visit our Program Page! Our online application is the only thing needed to start your interview process!
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our Member Placement Specialist, Trevor Rice at email@example.com!
We look forward to seeing your application soon!