What is The Corps Network?download
Texas Conservation Corps
Position title :Austin - Trails Across Texas Crew Leader
Deadline to apply :11/06/2020
Start Date :11/30/2020
End Date :07/02/2021
Town, City, Park, etc :Austin
State / Territory :Texas
Benefits :AmeriCorps,Education Award,Health Insurance,Industry-Recognized Certifications
Project/Program Focus :Trails
Organization/Program Description :
Serve on a dedicated trail crew in the Lone Star State!
The Trails Across Texas (TAT) program with Texas Conservation Corps (TxCC) is an opportunity for young adults to complete high-priority trail improvement projects in Texas State Parks.
A TAT crew is made up of 2 AmeriCorps leaders and 4-8 members and regularly travels throughout the state while camping for 10 days at a time. A term as a crew leader with Texas Conservation Corps is both a challenging and rewarding experience that you will remember for the rest of your life!
In nature, we know habitats that are dominated by one plant or animal are fragile and less productive. What we know to be true in nature we know to be true in the communities we live and serve in. We encourage people of all identities and experience levels to be a part of TxCC and help nurture the productivity and resilience of diversity in our community!
Position Description :
As a Trails Across Texas Crew Leader, you and a co-leader will guide your crew through your season completing a variety of trail projects in Texas State Parks. These projects may include building new trails, improving existing trails, constructing stone retaining walls, installing boardwalks, chainsaw work, and more. Crew leaders will help train crew members in using tools such as chainsaws, picks, pruning saws, loppers, and rock bars.
Job Duties :
- Constructing & maintaining trails
- Erosion Control
- Construction & upkeep of public land features
- Maintaining vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Camp for up to 10 days at a time
- Assist with camp duties such as cooking & dishes
- Ensure all safety protocols are followed by crew members
- Teach and support members throughout their term
- High school diploma or GED
- Between the ages of 21-28
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US Resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to hike 3-12 miles per day in rugged terrain, while carrying tools
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather types while doing hard, often repetitive, labor with hand & power tools
- Ability to regularly be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Commitment to complete the entire term of service
Contact Information :
If you are interested in learning more about our opportunities or you are ready to apply, please visit the Join TxCC page on our website. Our online application is the only thing needed to start your interview process!
If you have any questions please, feel free to reach out to [email protected] or 512.744.1900 ext. 1313!
We look forward to seeing your application soon!