What is The Corps Network?download
Texas Conservation Corps
Position title : Conservation and Disaster Crew Member
Deadline to apply : 01/02/2020
Start Date : 01/08/2020
End Date : 11/20/2020
Type of Position : Corpsmember / Intern
Town, City, Park, etc : Austin
State / Territory : Texas
The Conservation & Disaster program with TxCC is an opportunity to serve on a variety of conservation projects throughout Texas and help communities recover from natural disasters.
A C&D crew is made up of 2 AmeriCorps leaders and 8 members. The crew can travel throughout the region while camping for up to 10 days at a time! A term as a crew member with Texas Conservation Corps is both a challenging and rewarding experience that you will remember for the rest of your life!
In nature we know habitats that are dominated by one plant or animal are fragile and less productive. What we know to be true in nature we know to be true in the communities we live and serve in. We encourage people of all identities and experience levels to be a part of TxCC and help nurture the productivity and resilience of diversity in our community!
As a Conservation & Disaster Crew Member you will spend your season completing a variety of conservation projects throughout the region. You may also be called on to help communities recovering from natural disasters. Conservation projects may include habitat restoration, disaster mitigation, trail work, and invasive species management on public lands throughout the state. During a disaster response members will work closely with FEMA and TX Division of Emergency Management during local and national disasters. Crews can expect to travel to out of town projects sites often, camping for up to 10 days at a time. No experience or skills required, just a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard within a diverse crew environment.
- Constructing & maintaining trails
- Erosion Control
- Construction & upkeep of public land features
- Remove invasive plant species
- Wildland fuel reduction
- Habitat restoration projects
- Maintaining vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Camp for up to 10 days at a time
- Assist with camp duties such as cooking & dishes
- High school diploma or GED
- Between the ages of 18-28
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US Resident
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Ability to hike 3-10 miles per day in rugged terrain, while carrying tools
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather types while doing hard, often repetitive, labor with hand & power tools
- Ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Commitment to complete entire term of service
- $1,328 per month stipend
- AmeriCorps Education Award
- Student Loan Deferment
- Wilderness First Aid & CPR Certification
- FEMA Certifications
- Technical & Soft Skills Training
- Health Insurance
- Travel & camping opportunities!
- Opportunity to network with partnering agencies!
To Apply : http://americanyouthworks.org/join
If you are interested in learning more about our opportunities or you are ready to apply, please visit our Program Page! Our online application is the only thing needed to start your interview process!
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our Outreach and Recruitment Specialist at [email protected] or 512.289.5817!
We look forward to seeing your application soon!