What is The Corps Network?download
Student Conservation Association
Position title : Washington DC Urban Tree House Program Summer Crew Leader
Start Date : 06/01/2020
End Date : 08/14/2020
Type of Position : Crew Leader
Town, City, Park, etc : DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
State / Territory : District of Columbia
Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire interns working with DC’s Urban Tree House program. SCA’s DC Urban Tree House (UTH) provides free environmental education programs for DC urban youth (K-12). It gives DC youth the opportunity to have fun experiences in nature, become aware of their relationship with the environment, and participate in hands-on conservation projects outdoors.
- Mandatory Training Dates: June 1, 2020-June 11,2020 (Leader paid for training and travel to and from training will be paid by SCA)
- Program Dates & Work Locations: June 17, 2020-August 14, 2020 (Main Work Location will be in Anacostia Park in Washington, DC.)
- Responsible for daily management and supervision of SCA Environmental Education Interns
- Assist Program Coordinator in facilitating and leading environmental education activities for K-12th grade students.
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans
- Leader is responsible for managing work outcomes and intern dynamics
- Facilitate team operations: supplies & equipment, work schedule, and vehicles
- Manage budget and necessary purchasing for crew and project
- Manage project/member risk to maintain a safe work environment
- Promote leadership development within team and evaluate success/potential
- Work collaboratively with agency on program logistics
- Ensure successful outcome and delivery of program
- Ensure compliance of SCA Risk Management policies/procedures
- Represent SCA in a positive and professional manner
- Transport interns to and from off-site work locations.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training: June 1, 2020-June 11, 2020
- Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the training
- Experience working with youth and young adults (ages 4- 22),
- Teaching and/or environmental education experience
- Ability to spend 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must have personal housing arrangements in program city
Compensation: Competitive rates.
To Apply: Click Login or Sign Up. Create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email [email protected] with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org