What is The Corps Network?download
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps
Position title :Conservation Crewmember Position
Deadline to apply :03/13/2021
Start Date :03/29/2021
End Date :11/19/2021
Town, City, Park, etc :Taos, and Albuquerque
State / Territory :New Mexico
Benefits :AmeriCorps, Education Award, Health Insurance, Industry-Recognized Certifications, Public Land Corps Hiring Authority, Student Loan Forbearance
Project/Program Focus :Community Education, Disaster Prep/Response, Forestry, Historic Preservation, Landscaping, Trails, Young Adult Programs (18+)
Organization/Program Description :
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps (RMYC) is a nonprofit organization that provides comprehensive workforce development training and educational enhancement programs to young adults between the ages of 18 and 25. Rocky Mountain Youth Corps offers AmeriCorps terms of service in the state of New Mexico, while completing conservation projects throughout the state. We have offices in both Taos, and Albuquerque New Mexico. Our organization envisions a world where all generations support one another; a world where young adults actively respond and adapt to an ever changing environment, inspiring local and global communities to reach their full potential in the 21st century. Join our program and explore the majestic mountains of New Mexico, while making a difference in your life and our environment.
Position Description :
We are currently seeking individuals eligible to serve a 1200 hour AmeriCorps term of service. Conservation Crews will be working to safely complete trail maintenance and/or forestry/fuels reduction (chainsaw thinning) projects, and other conservation projects in the communities served. Additional projects may include historic preservation, disaster relief, watershed restoration or other community improvement work in both public and private lands. All Corpsmembers will participate in both personal and professional development training such as First Aid/CPR, Mental Health First Aid, chainsaw training, financial management, and public speaking skills. For complete position descriptions and locations visit our website https://youthcorps.org/
Job Duties :
- Successfully work in a team environment.
- Actively participate in daily check-ins and educational training sessions.
- Maintain a safe work environment to ensure both physical and mental well-being.
- Comply with work standards set forth by project partners and Crew Supervisor.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Be willing to reflect on your experience and share feedback in a group setting.
- Respect the natural environment and community resources.
- Manage and approve timecards
- Develop obtainable goals for your transition into further education or employment.
- Comply with all RMYC and AmeriCorps rules and policies and not participate in any prohibited activities as described in the member contract.
- 18 – 25 years old
- US Citizen
- Able to complete entire length of service term (March 29th-November 19th, 2021)
- Strong work ethic
- Eligible to serve a 1200 hour AmeriCorps term of service, and eligible for the 1200 stipend amount ($4,336.50)
- Able to work in supervised environment
- Camping crew: available for overnight projects
Contact Information :