Position title :New Jersey Youth Corps Program Coordinator
Start Date :07/01/2021
End Date :10/31/2021
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Newton
State / Territory :New Jersey
Benefits :Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance
Project/Program Focus :Community Education, Landscaping, Other, Volunteer Engagement, Young Adult Programs (18+), Youth Programs (<18)
Organization/Program Description :
Project Self-Sufficiency is a non-profit organization located in semi-rural northwestern New Jersey which has assisted low-income families along the path to economic self-sufficiency for more than 30 years. Services include career guidance and assessment, computer classes, GED instruction, parenting workshops, childcare, legal assistance and education, help with emergency basic needs such as clothing and food, health education, support groups, life skills classes, family activities, home visitation, and more.
Position Description :
The Program Coordinator will work in collaboration with the Executive Director on the design, implementation, and execution of all aspects of the New Jersey Youth Corps program.
Job Duties :
- Ongoing supervision of the full Youth Corps Program Team, including developing the agenda for and leading weekly all-team meetings;
- Overseeing all aspects of day-to-day operations of the Youth Corps Program, including but not limited to: scheduling of intakes, referrals and placements, scheduling of training, coordination of transportation and support services, data collection and submission by all staff, maintenance of participant records, resolution of issues with staffing, equipment, materials, etc.;
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with Community Work Sites through in-person interface, telephone, internet, and written communication channels, dissemination of outreach and information materials;
- Representing the Youth Corps Program in public forums including all training and employment related meetings and events in Northwest New Jersey as appropriate, participation in advisory boards, panels, networking groups, etc.;
- Responding to the questions and concerns of Youth Corps team members and soliciting the input and intervention of the Executive Director as necessary;
- Providing negotiation and conflict resolution as required in disputes among Youth Corps staff members and participants;
- Making recommendations to the Executive Director for modifications, improvements, etc. to Youth Corps Program design/implementation based on lessons learned, participant needs, staff input, etc.;
- Must be professional in attitude and appearance at all times, treat participants with courtesy and respect, maintain strict confidentiality;
- Completing and submitting a daily work log to the Executive Director;
- Entering data into the required systems as necessary.
Master’s Degree, minimum 10 years’ experience in the training and employment services delivery system.
Additional Benefits :
Health benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K plan available.
Contact Information :
Send resume and cover letter to Deborah Berry-Toon, Executive Director, Project Self-Sufficiency, 127 Mill Street, Newton, NJ 07860; or fax to 973-940-3501; or email to [email protected].