What is The Corps Network?download
Louisville Parks and Recreation
Position title :Horticultural Park Worker I
Deadline to apply :12/14/2019
Start Date :11/27/2019
End Date :12/14/2019
Town, City, Park, etc :Jefferson Memorial Forest
State / Territory :Kentucky
Organization/Program Description :
It’s not a job, it’s an outdoor adventure!
Help protect and enhance Jefferson Memorial Forest and other natural areas. Trail construction and maintenance; species protection and habitat restoration; working with volunteers and mentoring youth – our land management crew does it all and more. Join our team!
Louisville Metro Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority applicants are encouraged to apply
Position Description :
The Natural Areas Division located at Jefferson Memorial Forest will be hiring a Horticultural Park Worker within its Land Management Department. The Natural Areas Division is responsible for more than 7,000 acres throughout Metro Louisville including forested and wetland properties, greenways along stream corridors and linear parks along the Louisville Loop. The selected candidate will help carry out many aspects of habitat restoration work in these areas including invasive plant removal, restoration planting, and prescribed burns. The position will also build and maintain trails and maintain landscape beds. This is an entry level position with great opportunities to learn and advance. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Qualified individuals will exhibit these characteristics and skills:
- A strong interest in improving the ecological health of our natural communities and providing great outdoor experiences for our park visitors
- A good background knowledge of local flora or a strong willingness to develop this knowledge
- A strong willingness to work independently or in a team to carry out our objectives
- The ability to problem solve while working safely on a daily basis
- Knowledge and experience using and maintaining typical land management equipment including tractors, chainsaws, loppers, mowers, skid steers, weedeaters, etc.
- A great positive attitude
Job Duties :
Habitat Restoration, invasive plant removal, tree planting, landscaping, trail construction, trail maintenance are the major duties for this position.
Ability to identify local flora including non-native invasive plant species. Must have or obtain within 3 months pesticide applicator license in the state of Kentucky. Must have a valid drivers license.
Additional Benefits :This is a full-time permanent position. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, and various other benefits.
To Apply :https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/louisvilleky/jobs/2507081/horticultural-park-wrkr-i?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Contact Information :
Bryan Lewis, Land Manager