LOS ANGELES CONSERVATION CORPS
Position title :Compliance Director
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Los Angeles
State / Territory :California
Benefits :Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance
Organization/Program Description :
The LA Conservation Corps (“the Corps”) is a private, non-profit organization that has helped at-risk young adults develop themselves since 1986. To date, more than 30,000 young people have participated in the Corps classes and service projects, learning new skills while contributing to the quality of life for residents of the greater Los Angeles area.
Position Description :
As the largest urban conservation corps in the state of California, the LA Conservation Corps maintains a large and dynamic portfolio of contracts and grants with local, regional, state, and federal agencies as well as private funders that allow us to offer paid work experience/job training, educational opportunities and a full suite of wraparound services to underserved young adults. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Compliance Director is responsible for directing the organization’s compliance program, ensuring that the Corps is in compliance with all obligations as established by law, contractual agreement and agency policy. The Compliance Director organizes and maintains all contract files; develops and updates internal contract tracking tools and contract summary sheets; fills out proper paperwork and ensures all applicable filing and reporting deadlines are met; drafts agency agreements, when applicable; and, monitors compliance with all contractual requirements. The position is responsible for keeping detailed and accurate records for all interactions with outside entities and works directly with program and administrative staff to gather and store required internal information. In addition, the Compliance Director serves as the liaison with all external auditors/program monitors.
Job Duties :
- Draft and review various agreements, including government grants, fee-for-service contracts, sponsor agreements, MOUs, subcontractor/independent contractor agreements, licenses and leases; prepare contracting packages for funders and ensure competitive bid procedures are met, as needed.
- Oversee contractual management systems; prepare summaries of contractual agreements and advise staff regarding contractual obligations. Disseminate information to Sr. Management Team members and various public and private entities.
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
Contract Compliance/Quality Assurance
- Conduct client file reviews for contract compliance and conduct training, site visits and internal audits to ensure compliance with contract and agency policies and procedures.
- Conduct monitoring reviews of subcontractors.
- Perform pre- and/or post-award activities including, but not limited to, preparing and submitting applications and reports.
- Participate in Senior Management Team and financial statement review meetings.
- Act as liaison with external auditors for annual agency audit and maintain strong relationship with auditors throughout the fiscal year; oversee all internal audits, monitoring reviews, site visits, etc., including insurance, IRS and other audits and filings.
- Lead all efforts related to funder audits, reviews and certifications; interact with regulators on compliance issues.
- Ensure that federal, state and local tax reporting compliance requirements are met and appropriate filings are made; keep Corps licenses up to date.
- Act as the liaison to receive legal and compliance-related communications and collaborate with staff and/or legal counsel to respond.
- Assure that company policies, procedures and practices comply with applicable provisions of federal and state laws.
- Oversee a system for uniform handling and investigation of violations of company policies and federal and state laws. Conduct periodic training on company code of ethics for all staff and board members.
- Independently investigate and act on matters related to Compliance; collaborate with Human Resources on areas that cross departments, as needed.
- Develop policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation.
- Collaborate with Administrative Services Manager to establish and/or refine data collection systems to enhance programmatic integration and compliance.
- Monitor the organization’s systems for tracking and reporting program and client outcomes.
- Report critical compliance issues to Chief Executive Officer, Audit Committee and the Board including preparing clear and concise compliance reports on a regular basis.
Compliance Program Development/Education
- Engage in ongoing continued education and/or participate in seminars, trainings and other learning opportunities to ensure up to date command of present Compliance issues and relevant changes to local, state and federal laws.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability; develop and regularly update policies and procedures and implement trainings to minimize or eliminate compliance issues.
- Conduct research into compliance programs’ best practices and recommend changes or innovations, when appropriate.
- Inform employees of all changes in contractual compliance policies and requirements.
- Provide guidance, advice and/or training to improve business’ understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership and development opportunities to direct reports, as appropriate.
- Other duties, as assigned.
|Building & Managing Teams||
|Coaching & Developing||
|Reliability & Accountability
|Integrity & Professional Maturity||
This is an exempt position that may have supervisory responsibility over corpsmembers, other staff, volunteers and/or other temporary staff, or a combination of these.
Contact Information :
Please apply online at:
Additional Information :
opened until filled