What is The Corps Network?download
Idaho Conservation Corps
Position title :Special Uses Resource Assistant
Deadline to apply :05/10/2020
Start Date :06/01/2020
End Date :11/16/2020
Town, City, Park, etc :Idaho Falls
State / Territory :Idaho
Benefits :Health Insurance,Housing – Primarily Non-Camping,Industry-Recognized Certifications,Relocation Assistance,Transportation Assistance
Project/Program Focus :Community Education,Data Collection,Farming,Other,Trails,Visitor Services,Volunteer Engagement,Young Adult Programs (18+)
Attachments/Supplemental Materials :2020-Caribou-Targhee-RAP-Announcement.pdf
Position Description :
Note: the deadline for this position has been extended by a week to Sunday, May 10, 2020. If you’re interested, please submit your application promptly.
The Caribou-Targhee National Forest has a large recreation and trails program, including lands/recreation special uses. This position would learn all aspects of the recreation, trails and special uses programs working with various ranger districts across the forest. Travel to various ranger districts will be required on government time in a government vehicle.Duty station will be Palisades Ranger District in Idaho Falls or Ashton Ranger District in Ashton, Idaho.Currently, there is no vacancy on the Caribou-Targhee to move an intern into, but the forest is interested in training someone for the program. If a position becomes available, this intern would be considered for the position.
Job Duties :
- Learning and working in the Special Uses Database System (SUDS) including creating application through to authorization, cost recovery bills, land use bills, documenting insurance, administered to standard, checking to see if bills are paid, issuing dunning notices, documenting inspections as well as what forms are necessary for various special uses tasks (permits, transfer, application, etc.)
- Writing correspondence and learning the Mercury correspondence database.
- Learning the file codes and filing in the special uses hard files.
- Working with the permit administrators conducting inspections on the ground to receive the bigger picture of how special uses are administered.
- Teaching good communication skills with the public, permittees and permit administrators.
- Learning trail maintenance techniques, utilizing livestock, and motorized such as ATV/UTV.
- Learning all aspects of developed and dispersed recreation programs including operation and maintenance of recreation sites such as visitor center, boat docks, restrooms, trailheads, picnic areas, campgrounds, and rental cabins;creating operation and maintenance plans, collection officer duties and working with our partners.
- High School Diploma.
- Driver’s license required.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational and computer skills.
- Preference is given to applicants with a college degree, or enrolled in a program.
- An independent, self-motivated, creative, and resourceful individual able to work with diverse groups of people.
To Apply :https://idahocc.org/interns
Contact Information :
Internship Program Officer
Idaho Conservation Corps
Additional Information :
To apply directly for this position, click this link and select “Caribou Targhee Resources Assistant” as the position applied for.