What is The Corps Network?download
Position title :Executive Director
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Town, City, Park, etc :Morrison
State / Territory :Colorado
Project/Program Focus :Historic Preservation,Volunteer Engagement,Young Adult Programs (18+)
Organization/Program Description :
HistoriCorps® is a national nonprofit organization that preserves historic places throughout the United States, saving them for many generations to come. We do that by mobilizing volunteers who receive quality educational and outdoor experiences. HistoriCorps’ projects are located on public lands; our biggest client is the USDA Forest Service.
Learn more at www.historicorps.org.
Position Description :
The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong entrepreneurial and leadership skills, be well versed in fundraising and relationship building, and knows how to oversee projects from inception to conclusion. Working with the board and staff, the Executive Director will launch a successful major fundraising campaign for both capital and operating dollars. As the key spokesperson for Historicorps, they will expand the organization’s reach nationally.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
Job Duties :
- Work with the Board and key stakeholders to implement its long-term strategic plan for the organization.
- Working with the board and staff, launch a successful major fundraising campaign for both capital and operating dollars from public and private sources.
- Engage the deeply-committed Board of Directors.
- Advance and strengthen long-term partnerships with the Forest Service and other counterparties.
- Manage the staff and hire additional staff as necessary.
- Manage all administrative functions to include HR, budgeting, contracts and agreements, insurance, and all communications.
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide the information necessary for the Board to make informed decisions.
- Oversee the fiscal integrity and management of HistoriCorps.
- Demonstrated success at donor cultivation and foundation fundraising, including the ability to develop a fundraising strategy, lead a capital campaign, and oversee grant writing.
- Successful experience in working with both the private and public sectors to realize high-impact projects. Experience working with the Forest Service, the National Park Service or other related government agencies is a plus.
- Passion for education, history and place-making.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, as well as effective listening skills.
- Public Relations, Marketing, and Branding experience.
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking and operating in the public eye.
- Collaborative work style and demonstrated success in managing teams.
- Ability to formulate clear objectives and priorities.
- Possesses sophistication and skills at prioritizing a diverse set of tasks, and consistently demonstrates ability to implement plans.
Other helpful experience includes:
- Experience with practical application of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Practical experience with government cooperator agreements, grant reporting and compliance, and the fundamentals of construction and construction management.
- Experience with the outdoor education and recreation industries.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
To Apply :http://www.historicorps.org
Contact Information :
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to submit a resume and cover letter of interest to:
Edward Weihman, Chairman of the Board: [email protected]
Additional Information :
HistoriCorps® is committed to equal opportunity and equal treatment for all qualified individuals based on individual merit and capability. Our commitment applies without regard to race, color, religion or creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any factors identified and protected by federal, state and local law.