Position title :Workforce Manager (Volunteer Program)
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Denver - Remote Options Available
State / Territory :Colorado
Benefits :Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
Project/Program Focus :Historic Preservation
Organization/Program Description :
HistoriCorps®, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, works to foster a preservation ethic in all through training volunteers, students, and youth in historic preservation skills, and then puts those skills to work to save historic places for generations to come. HistoriCorps partners with federal, state and local land management agencies to provide educational and outdoor opportunities and preserve historic resources. From our Morrison, CO headquarters, we coordinate and instruct projects on public lands throughout the United States.
Position Description :
Position: Workforce Manager
Position Type: Full time, salaried
Salary: Pay range is $50,000-$60,000 annually.
Reports to: Director of Workforce Engagement and Communications
Work location: This position will be based in Morrison, CO, but remote work is an option.
The Workforce Manager serves a critical role in helping achieve our mission, annually recruiting 650+ volunteers to participate on historic preservation projects across the country. Volunteers join HistoriCorps’ expert staff on projects for a week at a time, learning hands-on preservation skills and saving historic places in doing so. The Workforce Manager’s overarching objective is to recruit, register, manage, and cultivate on-going relationships with project participants (volunteers, students and youth) and community partners, and to support efforts to expand HistoriCorps’ reach through effective marketing, communications and public relations. Functionally, the Workforce Manager ensures our recruitment and volunteer management needs are met in the field. They will engage with existing partners and the general public on a regular basis to promote HistoriCorps’ mission and volunteer opportunities. In all aspects of their role, the Workforce Manager upholds and advances HistoriCorps’ commitment to its core values. Duties include but are not limited to:
Job Duties :
Volunteer Program Management:
- Manage volunteer registration system via HistoriCorps’ CRM. Manage all aspects of the volunteer experience lifecycle, from recruitment, to registration, to logistical coordination, to ideally registering for other projects (in other words, reach, acquisition, conversion, retention, and advocacy); with an overall goal of increasing the number of new and returning volunteers;
- Work closely with Project Manager Team to design and implement a volunteer recruitment plan, systematically researching and pursuing recruitment outlets with an overall goal of recruiting enough volunteers for each project based upon educational goals and scopes of work. Additionally, work with Project Manager Team to:
- become knowledgeable about each volunteer project in order to be able to respond to volunteer questions, help volunteers find projects that fit their needs and capabilities, and be a resource to Field Staff with regards to volunteer management issues that may arise during the field season;
- ensure the accuracy of project logistics for volunteers (e.g. schedules, shower availability, campsite accessibility, scopes of work, staff contact information etc.)
- Distribute accurate rosters, including dietary restrictions, to Field Staff at least ten days prior to a project beginning, and send timely updates throughout the project. Collect and record volunteer hours at end of project.
- Share volunteer feedback with staff in order to boost morale, improve performance management objectives and improve programming overall. Respond to critical volunteer feedback promptly and professionally.
- Strive to continually improve the volunteer experience and program.
- Provide regular reports to administrative staff of volunteer registrations project-by-project, and prepare an annual report on volunteer data, including but not limited to, demographics; new volunteers vs. returning volunteers; updates on workforce partners; etc.
Marketing and Communications:
In coordination with the Director of Workforce Engagement and Communications, the Workforce Manager will:
- Assist with website content and design. Create unique webpages for each individual project, including attractive photos/video; compelling brief site history; maps; camping and scope of work logistics; etc.
- Manage social media marketing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other platforms as necessary. Manage Cluster albums for project photos across all projects
- Develop marketing & communications strategy to expand volunteer base. Generate press releases, and act as liaison for media contacts as necessary. Engage community leaders and related organizations to generate awareness of projects happening in their area;
- Represent HistoriCorps at conferences, gatherings, and special events supporting workforce recruitment; create, update and distribute print and digital resource materials, including flyers, graphics, slideshows, and table displays supporting workforce recruitment.
- In coordination with the Director of Workforce Engagement and Communications, strengthen existing relationships with organizations, groups, academic partners, such as service organizations, that can and are willing to send volunteers and students to HistoriCorps preservation projects;
- Lead session(s) on volunteer management at annual in-person Field Staff Training event and as requested. Support Field Staff Training event planning as necessary;
- Assist with operations and administrative tasks as needed.
- A willingness to get the job done and help where needed. This might include filling out organizational paperwork or participating in hands-on preservation projects in remote locations – which we think is the best part of the job!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Historic Preservation, Nonprofit Management, or related field;
- Experience in nonprofit program management, especially volunteer programs;
- Experience in marketing, especially email marketing and social media;
- Sales and/or volunteer recruitment experience;
- Experience coordinating project and/or travel logistics;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, WordPress, and basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite products, especially InDesign; Photoshop; Spark; or similar. Basic to intermediate graphic design skills.
- Experience with email creation software and/or electronic mass communication platforms;
- Ability to work to deadlines and handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet critical business requirements and support seasonal staff as needed. This may include working outside of normal office hours.
- Willingness and ability to travel state and nationwide (valid driver’s license and insurance required). Experience traveling and camping in remote locations
- Compliance with HistoriCorps vaccine requirement which states that all staff are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless an approved religious or medical exemption has been provided.
- Ability to work out of HistoriCorps’ headquarters at the historic Red Rocks CCC Camp in Morrison, Colorado, though remote work is an option;
- Strong people skills, customer service orientation, and commitment to increasing diversity in HistoriCorps’ community;
- Experience using Blackbaud Altru or other CRM
- Previous experience with nonprofits and/or service organizations, especially those that perform work on public lands, as a volunteer or staff member (Conservation Corps, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or similar experience is highly valued);
- Team-oriented work style with initiative, determination, flexibility, resiliency, and a sense of humor;
- Personal interest and enthusiasm for historic preservation, conservation and/or public lands stewardship;
- Personal interest and enthusiasm for both teaching and learning from colleagues in different departments;
- Be willing to step out of one’s position description to support organizational functions as needed.
Additional Benefits :
Salary: Pay range is $50,000-$60,000 annually.
In addition to salary listed above, this position offers benefits such as access to health insurance, a flexible work schedule, and PTO. The office closes in recognition of most Federal holidays.
To Apply :https://historicorps.org/workforce-manager/
Contact Information :
Submit all materials electronically to Liz Rice, Director of Workforce Engagement and Communications, Subject line: Workforce Manager Position, at [email protected].
Additional Information :
HistoriCorps is an equal opportunity employer. HistoriCorps’ values include Community: Accessibility, Inclusion, and Diversity. We value and respect all members of our community and embrace the unique contributions every person gives to support our shared success. We are at our best when we support diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences at all levels of this organization. We ask for, listen to, and consider diverse points of view. We recruit and support individuals and groups who are underrepresented in our organization and profession. We strive to make historic preservation projects accessible and inclusive. We work to minimize physical, financial, and social barriers. We work to help our preservation community grow, diversify, and evolve.
This job posting does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. We will accept applications until we have filled the position.