What is The Corps Network?download
Heart of Oregon Corps
Position title : Development Lead (AmeriCorps-VISTA)
Type of Position : Corpsmember / Intern
Town, City, Park, etc : Bend
State / Territory : Oregon
Attachments/Supplemental Materials : Announcement-VISTA-Development-website-2019.pdf
At Heart of Oregon Corps (HOC), 16-24 year old local young people facing significant barriers to success are given the opportunity to improve their lives through job skills training and alternative education. In Heart of Oregon’s six programs, youth learn employability and leadership skills while working on projects that improve the community. Learn more at www.heartoforegon.org.
We are looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA Development Lead for our YouthBuild program. This VISTA position will help to secure grants, cash donations, in-kind donations, and create tools, systems, and databases to help cultivate donors and supporters. Developing partnerships and creating communications materials & strategies are also activities for this role.
Interest and passion for helping youth through service is a must, but note that this position serves youth indirectly through building resources and capacity, and does not include working directly with our youth.
- Coordinate development and fundraising projects;
- Access private and public funds through researching funds available and writing grant proposals;
- Assist with corporate and individual donor program and annual event;
- Support the agency’s Public Relations outreach, including social media, press releases, and coordinating the organization’s annual report;
- Develop local or regional partnerships for resource development.
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum of a high school diploma; a Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- At least one year of office, business, or program experience, which includes file and data coordination.
- Fluency with standard office software and technology, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and web-based applications
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- This position requires the ability to relate sensitively to a multiracial and multicultural group of young people and coworkers, as well as respect for the ideas and intelligence of young adults.
- A good sense of humor is also a plus!
The VISTA position will receive a living allowance stipend of $473.50 bi-weekly, a $1,421 housing stipend for the year, and a $6,095 AmeriCorps Education Award or $1,800 cash stipend paid at completion of service. Includes Health Coverage* and Childcare assistance if eligible. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), 12-month position.
For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit