What is The Corps Network?download
GEM Environmental NFP
Position title :Program Manager
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Start Date :06/01/2020
End Date :05/31/2021
Town, City, Park, etc :Prescott
State / Territory :Arizona
Benefits :Dental Insurance,Health Insurance,Relocation Assistance,Transportation Assistance,Vision Insurance
Attachments/Supplemental Materials :2-GEM-Code-of-Conduct.pdf
Organization/Program Description :
Position Description :
The Program Manager will lead the organization’s GEM for STEM programming including our professional development workshops, educational programs, scholarships, and growing GEM Corps, a service based hands-on learning program placing student participants with federal agencies to assist in scientific studies on public lands. This includes assessing and taking steps to ensure organizational readiness for new recruitment and hiring; creating and implementing a donor/ grantor development strategy; and overseeing the administration of the organization’s programs, staff, members, and participants.
Salary: Full Time Position starting at $36,000 with benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, and Retirement Savings
GEM Environmental is an up and coming non-profit that has a high growth potential, the position salary is expected to increase as a direct response to organizational growth. This is only the beginning, the position and associated pay will grow with you.
Job Duties :
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the Executive Director, Business Manager, and Board of Directors to execute both the organization’s Mission and Goals.
- Actively target and pursue growth – to build new relationships with community partners, potential sponsors, donors, and participants.
- Ensure a robust funds development program to support the mission while developing innovative programming to drive up the value for community stakeholders. This includes developing new sponsorship opportunities, applying for grants, and reaching out to donors.
- Build upon current revenue sources and identify new value-added services or products.
- Interact with The Corps Network staff members to ensure GEM Corps programing remains in compliance with grant regulations and on track for Corps accreditation with The Corps Network.
- Attend national conferences, symposiums, and training seminars.
- Work closely with federal and state governing agencies in grant and contracting procurement, reporting, and fulfillment. Having knowledge and experience in legislative and regulatory processes and/or having a understanding of the inner-workings of local, state, and federal agencies is highly desirable.
- Efficiently disseminate, collect, catalog, and report on organization statistics recorded for grant reporting.
- Develop scheduling for and lead evaluations for staff, members, and participants.
- Manage a diverse communication strategy plan for staff, members, participants, and stakeholders; including but not limited to newsletters, website, social media, print, etc.
- Inspire staff, members, participants, and the community to participate in our mission.
- Be the primary resource for best practices, new ideas, and strong execution of shared goals.
- Foster the next generation of our scientific community through leadership development, value training, personal/professional development, and service learning.
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe and MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project, etc.) is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Excellent time management skills (never be late to an appointment)
- BS/BA degree in business management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Good understanding of the scientific method and willingness to learn aspects of the processes involved in STEM education.
- Contagious positive attitude
To Apply :https://www.gemenvironmental.org/pm
Contact Information :
For more information contact: