What is The Corps Network?download
Conservation Corps of Minnesota and Iowa
Position title :Assistant District Manager (North)
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Duluth
State / Territory :Minnesota
Benefits :Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Industry-Recognized Certifications, Vision Insurance
Project/Program Focus :Energy/Water Efficiency, Forestry, Habitat Restoration, Historic Preservation, Invasive Species Mngmt, Landscaping, Trails, Young Adult Programs (18+)
Organization/Program Description :
Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa (CCMI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that engages
youth and young adults in meaningful service, leadership development, and environmental
stewardship. The AmeriCorps Field Crew program operates for 11 months each year, February
through December. Crews travel throughout the Midwest completing projects in partnership with
state and federal agencies and nonprofit organizations.
Position Description :
The Assistant District Manager (ADM) position is integral to the AmeriCorps
Field Program’s goal of accomplishing challenging work projects. The ADM assists in providing
training, education, coordination, and leadership to ensure a positive and safe experience for all
AmeriCorps participants. The ADM assists the North District Manager in day-to-day program
operations, project management, and AmeriCorps member personnel management (recruitment,
onboarding, performance management, and off-boarding processes).
Job Duties :
The ADM reports directly to the North District Manager (DM), communicating through
written correspondence, telephone conversations, and in person meetings. The ADM works in
cooperation with the DM to manage AmeriCorps Field crews based throughout the region; the DM
will be notified of all equipment and vehicle, personnel, and project concerns. The North District staff reports to the CCMI Program Director and works in cooperation with key administrative and program staff based in CCMI HQ in St. Paul.
• Supervisory and leadership experience and ability to effectively interact with young adults
from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Knowledge of human relations to assist with staff and AmeriCorps member personnel
management; ability to lead, delegate, supervise, mentor, and positively influence others.
• Working knowledge/desire of natural resource project management such as trail
maintenance and construction, shoreline/watershed restoration, forest/prairie management,
and wildlife habitat improvement.
• Experience with hand and power tools, tree felling and chainsaw operations, and
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating and facilitating programming and training.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal management and external
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite products, Salesforce and ADP
• Initiative and ability to work well with minimal supervision, multi-task, and be flexible in
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Familiarity with AmeriCorps and local, s
To Apply :https://www.conservationcorps.org/employment
Additional Information :