What is The Corps Network?download
Conservation Corps North Bay
Position title : Career Pathways Coordinator
Deadline to apply : 7/17/2019
Type of Position : Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc : San Rafael
State / Territory : California
Conservation Corps North Bay’s mission is to develop youth and conserve natural resources for a strong, sustainable community.
We achieve our mission by:
- Providing a diverse group of youth and young adults with opportunities to transform their lives through education, employability, civic engagement, and leadership.
- Caring for our environment by conserving and restoring natural resources, and by improving recreational areas.
- Creating the environmental leaders of the future by teaching environmental ethics and behaviors to children, teens and adults.
- Making communities safer by reducing fire and flood hazards and by responding to public emergencies and disasters.
Job Title: Marin Career Pathways Coordinator
Department: Career Pathways
Reports To: Career Pathways Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt from wage and hour laws
Role with Agency: Significant interaction with staff and Corpsmembers
Accountability Indices: Effectively coordinates Corpsmembers’ personal, professional & educational development & job placement activities
Under the supervision of the Career Pathways Manager, the Marin Career Pathways Coordinator implements the Career Pathways Program including orientation, assessments, in-program career development, transitional services, job placement, and post-placement follow-up.
The Marin Career Pathways Coordinator provides case management, counseling and support services to corpsmembers from a variety of backgrounds, on an ongoing basis. S/he implements the Career Pathways program for all corpsmembers and alumni by assisting in job search and development, employment and educational placements, transitional services, and post-program support. This individual develops and maintains relationships with local employers and social service providers to create employment, education and support services and provides up to two (2) years of continued personal, career and educational counseling for corpsmembers completing CCNB’s programs. S/he maintains student files and information pertaining to student progress and tracks data for reports & proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess, support, track and follow-up with all corpsmembers involved in all of CCNB’s employment training programs.
- Provide individualized support services dependent on corpsmember needs such as housing, healthcare, childcare, transportation, food assistance, etc.
- Conduct outreach to local social service providers to maintain a network of support service referrals. Guide corpsmembers through social service systems.
Career Development and Outreach
- Implement the Career Pathways Curriculum with all Corpsmembers
- Lead outreach to local employers, local, state organizations and educational institutions.
- Develop and maintain a network of employer contacts to facilitate job placement for corpsmembers
- Provide support for corpsmembers to participate in public events and community activities.
- Organize specific events related to corpsmember development such as career panels, educational planning workshops, and visits with local employers.
- Arrange guest speakers for Community Meetings, etc.
- Collaborate with other staff to implement the Career Pathways program.
Corpsmember Follow-Up and Tracking
- Maintain contact with corpsmembers from all Sonoma CCNB programs after program completion.
- Track post CCNB employment and educational progress of all Sonoma corpsmembers in various systems depending on requirements of program enrollment.
- Write reports to describe and summarize results as needed.
- Provide up to two years of continued personal, career, and educational support
- Provide counseling for all CCNB graduates.
Teach Career Pathways Classes
- Meet weekly with all CCNB Corpsmembers who have earned their High School Diplomas (graduates) and implement JMCS Career Pathways Curriculum.
Tutoring of High School Students in Math and English
- Work with JMCS teachers to identify students below a 6th grade level in Math and English.
- Tutor identified students 8-10 hours a week in Math and English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The Sonoma Career Pathways Coordinator has:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate, encourage, and support young adults from a wide variety of social, educational and economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of public and private sector employment opportunities and industry trends
- Interest in developing trainings & community outreach strategies
- Public speaking/presentation skills
Other requirements include:
- Experience in case management, counseling, career/employment development and/or social services
- Ability to build relationships with job placement providers
- Motivation to work with high risk youth
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills (conflict resolution, counseling, coaching)
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff
- Computer literacy (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy on the job.
- Minimum education of an Associate’s Degree
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Perform simple grasping and fine manipulation. There are normal office working conditions and associated physical demands. For example, on a continuous basis, sit at a desk using a computer and in meetings for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk, as well as, repetitive finger movements with office and computer machinery. May be expected to lift and move containers weighing up to 25 lbs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position is eligible for a full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, Life and Long-Term Disability insurance; 401(K) retirement plan; and vacation, holiday and sick pay.
Conservation Corps North Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Conservation Corps North Bay
27 Larkspur Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
or by fax (415) 454-4535
or by email [email protected]