What is The Corps Network?download
Conservation Corps North Bay (CCNB)
Position title : Natural Resources Crew Supervisor
Type of Position : Crew Leader
Town, City, Park, etc : San Rafael or Cotati, CA
State / Territory : California
Conservation Corp North Bay’s mission is to develop youth and conserve natural resources for a strong, sustainable community.
We achieve our mission by:
- Providing a diverse group of youth and young adults with opportunities to transform their lives through education, employability, civic engagement, and leadership.
- Caring for our environment by conserving and restoring natural resources, and by improving recreational areas.
- Creating the environmental leaders of the future by teaching environmental ethics and behaviors to children, teens and adults.
- Making communities safer by reducing fire and flood hazards and by responding to public emergencies and disasters.
Title: Natural Resources Crew Supervisor
Department: Natural Resources
Reports To: NRC Coordinator
Location: San Rafael, CA or Cotati, CA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt from Wage and Hour Laws
Directly Supervises: 8-10 Natural Resources Crew Corpsmembers
Role with Agency: Supervisory
Accountability Indices: Satisfactory completion of responsibilities
The Natural Resources Crew Supervisor will make significant contributions to providing a positive work environment that values diversity and fosters a commitment to teamwork and learning. The NRCS will empower members to achieve their educational goals and assist the education department in teaching classes in field and classroom settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Natural Resource Crew Supervisor (NRCS) is responsible for all aspects of supervision for a crew of 8-12 young adults. The NRCS will lead the crew in successfully completing natural resource projects, including habitat restoration, fire fuel reduction, creek maintenance and restoration and trail building. Other duties may be assigned.
Corpsmember Supervision includes:
- Facilitating personal and professional development.
- Supporting educational goals.
- Providing training; including tool use, teamwork, leadership skills, work place communication.
- Developing proper work habits.
- Providing quarterly evaluations.
- Taking action to resolve inappropriate behavior and personnel issues.
- Documenting performance and learning accomplishments.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed.
Project Management includes:
- Conducting projects in a safe manner.
- Producing a level of productivity and quality that meets the expectations of CCNB and the client.
- Providing project specific training.
- Ensuring that all equipment is properly cared for.
- Tracking work hours on a daily basis.
- Documenting project accomplishments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated experience supervising and motivating young adults from diverse social, economic and educational backgrounds enrolled in a job-training program
- Experience in the operation of trucks and trailers
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of conservation practices
- Ability to do strenuous work in adverse weather conditions
- Desire to work in a fast paced and diverse environment
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and mediate disputes in a positive fashion
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Clean DMV record, with ability to earn a
- California Class B driver’s license and pass CCNB’s driving exam
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- At least two years of college education or vocational training in natural resource management, environmental studies, job training or counseling, from an accredited college or university
- Two years of supervisory experience. Experience in youth development, project management and the implementation of natural resource projects.
- Experience supervising youth from a wide variety of social, economic and educational backgrounds to work together as a team
- Experience serving and volunteering in the community. Must possess a strong service ethic and be able to instill this ethic into team members
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The NRC Supervisor works outdoors around equipment and machinery, walking on uneven ground and steep hillsides, with exposure to excessive noise, fumes and extremes in temperature. They may be expected to lift and move objects weighing up to 75 lbs. and carry objects at least ½ mile. NRC Supervisors frequently use special visual and auditory protective equipment. While performing the duties of this position, the NRC Supervisor is required to walk and stand; sit and bend; squat and climb; kneel and twist; to talk or hear. The NRC Supervisor uses hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reaches with hands and arms. The NRC Supervisor uses hands to perform simple and power grasping, and fine manipulation; to push and pull.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The NRC Supervisor position is an hourly, non-exempt position which is eligible for a full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, 401(K) retirement, and Vacation, Holiday and Sick pay.
Conservation Corps North Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include Assistant Crew Supervisor in the subject line. You can also fax your application to (415) 454-4595 Attn: Recruiter.
Conservation Corps North Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer