Conservation Corps New Mexico
Position title :Individual Placements Program Director
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Start Date :08/29/2022
End Date :12/31/2026
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Las Cruces, NM, southern NM, or western TX preferred Stat
State / Territory :New Mexico, Texas
Benefits :Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance
Project/Program Focus :Volunteer Engagement, Young Adult Programs (18+), Youth Programs (<18)
Organization/Program Description :
Conservation Corps New Mexico (CCNM) is based in Las Cruces, NM and operates conservation service programs across southern New Mexico that empower individuals to positively impact their lives, their communities, and the environment. CCNM, a program of Conservation Legacy, aims to continue the legacy of the Civilian Conservation Corps of the 1930s. CCNM is focused on connecting youth, young adults, and recent era military veterans with conservation service work projects on public lands.
Position Description :
Starting Salary: $48,909 to 50,376 DOE
Location: Las Cruces, NM, southern NM, or western TX preferred
Benefit Eligible: Health, Vision, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Retirement, Paid Time Off per Personnel Policies
The Individual Placements (IP) Program Director is responsible for managing effective and efficient support of the Individual Placement program at CCNM. Our IP team will recruit and place roughly 60 individuals per year within the geographic region served by CCNM. This position interacts with other Conservation Legacy staff on admissions processes, member tracking, and other areas of administrative support. This person will be responsible for the CCNM IP program across New Mexico and supervises a team of staff.
Job Duties :
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
Participant or Member Management
- Oversee and support the IP Program Coordinator with member selection, and the collection, compiling, and processing of all required intake and enrollment
- Ensure that all open positions are filled in a reasonable amount of
- Manage online systems that are necessary for successful program
- Help support and improve systems for member selection and admissions
- Coordinate timesheet and payroll processes for all members and provide appropriate information to Conservation Legacy business office as needed.
- Assist with management of current AmeriCorps slot allocations and changes as they
- Oversee and manage the training for credit cards, expense reimbursements, and per diem requests for members, including monitoring individual agreement budgets for member and monthly reconciliation processes.
Program Support and Administration
- Manage annual operating budget for CCNM IP
- Implement effective and efficient administrative systems for member recruitment, enrollment, evaluation, exiting, reporting, and
- Collect and compile information for AmeriCorps, federal agencies, and other reporting needs, as well as prepare reports according to our agreement
- Communicate regularly with IP staff and Conservation Legacy IP Leadership Team to determine the effectiveness of administrative systems and make changes as necessary for continuous improvement.
- Oversee and assist with the ongoing support for all members including the development and implementation of orientation, training, and member development
- Collect and manage tracking of receipts, expenses, reimbursements, and other basic business needs.
- Collaborate with crew-based program support staff to help develop and implement recruitment strategy.
- Implement and monitor program tracking and reporting
- Ensure the enforcement of program and risk management
- Coordinate IP vehicle needs with CCNM logistics
- Develop IP social media material and ensure updates to CCNM’s IP web page in collaboration with IP Coordinator and Conservation Legacy’s Communications
- Track agreement balances, expiration dates, and compliance with support from the regional business
- Prepare and verify annual IP budget projections with Corps Director, manage updates and communicate changes on a regular
Partner Support and Position Development
- Expand the IP program’s position with new and existing project
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners to support ongoing development of IP projects and positions.
- Work with partners to manage and support current and future project sites and site supervisors for individual placement
- Collaborate with the Corps Director to develop and/or review agreements and financial plans for new individual
- Coordinate and support other initiatives that support and build the
- Orient and train new IP program site
- Complete or oversee project reporting to support invoicing and agreement
- Supervise IP Support Coordinator(s).
- Participate in the hiring, management, and evaluation of IP
- Recruit, orient, train, and support the IP
- Provide ongoing feedback, coaching and evaluation for IP
- Maintain productive relationships and interface significantly with other CCNM and Conservation Legacy staff to provide assistance and communication regarding administrative details, operations, and other program
- Participate in staff and team meetings and support other staff as
- Participate in organizational-wide IP efforts and working
- Exhibits the ability to effectively work on diverse teams or with a variety of populations, including those underrepresented at our organization and those of BIPOC
- Minimum of 2 years managing administrative systems in non-profit or similar
- Experience with human resources management and admissions/hiring
- Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, and ability to
- Self-motivated, decisive, and able to work
- The ability to communicate effectively with all staff in the organization and to understand administrative needs as they arise.
- Insurable driving record and ability to pass Conservation Legacy’s criminal history
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications and ability to manage information in an organizational
- Positive, entrepreneurial attitude and attentiveness to
- Experience with Conservation Legacy programs, members or administrative
- Experience with AmeriCorps programs and compliance
- Previous programmatic experience with a Corps, youth serving organization or Federal Agency highly
- Willingness to
To Apply :https://conservationlegacy.org/uploads/programs/IP-Program-Director-CCNM-Position-Description-002.pdf
Contact Information :
To Apply: To Apply: Send Cover letter and resume to Allison Laramee at [email protected], the Conservation Legacy Western Region Business Assistant. Subject line in this email must include “Applicant”.
Additional Information :
Cover Letter must include a response to the following question: Provide some examples of your experience effectively working with diverse communities, including those specific to Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and other underrepresented populations, in personal or professional context.