What is The Corps Network?download
Boston Harbor Now
Position title :Education and Community Engagement Program Manager
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Attachments/Supplemental Materials :SLL-Education-and-Outreach-Program-Manager-PD_FINAL
Organization/Program Description :
Boston Harbor Now believes that the harbor belongs to and benefits everyone. We are committed to access, resilience, and the harbor’s role in the health of our region. We accomplish this by advocating, activating, planning, and developing a harbor that drives our quality of life and the prosperity of our region.
Boston Harbor Now works at the intersection of people and nature to advocate for open space, public infrastructure, and private sector development that will enhance public access to the Harbor and protect the City from the impacts of climate change. We seek to activate the Harbor, reconnect it with Boston’s neighborhoods, and protect water-dependent uses. And we build and broaden the constituency for the Harbor by engaging people through diverse programs and promoting access to the waterfront and out to the Harbor Islands.
Position Description :
The Education and Community Engagement Program Manager will work closely with NPS and the UMB to plan, develop, implement and evaluate the Cabot Education and Community Engagement Program for the Stone Living Lab. The incumbent will be responsible for managing science education programming and citizen science experiences that utilize Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park as a laboratory for authentic teaching and learning.
Job Duties :
- Leads the Cabot Education and Community Engagement Program in close communication with NPS, UMB and members of the Coordination and Support
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and evaluates community participation in authentic scientific studies (citizen science) and place-based science education learning
- Oversees the design and development of curriculum materials for specific age- and grade-levels to facilitate scientifically valid education and relevant community engagement
- Works with local educators to plan, develop and implement comprehensive workshops for scientists, teachers, and NPS staff to co-develop curricula and citizen-science projects, and to cultivate relationships and establish networks that support best practices for effectively engaging students of all ages with authentic science research and
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships between scientists, teachers, curriculum coordinators, educational institutions and community-based youth serving organizations to ensure that education and community engagement programming is relevant for participants and scientifically
- Develops long-range plans, identifies short-term objectives and uses best practices and techniques to achieve
- Coordinates and acts as a liaison with area schools, educational institutions, educators, and scientists to develop and evaluate education and community engagement
- Works closely with NPS Natural Resource Partnerships Manager and NPS Director of Education and Youth Engagement to develop education and community engagement programs that align with authentic scientific
- Formulates and manages annual operations budgets, makes recommendations for future budgets and prepares financial documents to justify changes and
- Supervises one or more seasonal staff and/or interns who will support these
- Prepares written reports, summaries, correspondence, and presentations to the Stone Living Lab steering committee and the public pertaining to education and community outreach outcomes and
- Minimum 5 years of experience in planning, developing, coordinating, and evaluating community participation in authentic scientific studies (citizen science) and place-based science education learning experiences
- Bachelors or Masters level education in a relevant field such as Education, Environmental Education, Science Education, Environmental Science
- Demonstrated success leading and managing diverse teams, collaborative efforts across sectors and achieving desired result
- Commitment to Boston Harbor Now’s core principles and willingness to work as part of a diverse team committed to sustainability
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work within tight deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Experience thinking strategically that achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to speak effectively at high-profile events and write effectively for a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage budgets and staff
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively as a key member of a small, fast-paced team
- Ability to write, present, and clearly communicate complex issues to audiences and constituents of diverse backgrounds
- Experience convening and working in partnership with other nonprofits, for-profits, and government agencies
- Passionate about this project
- Flexibility to be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed
Additional Benefits :
Salary range is $60,000 – $65,000 annually plus a benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick and personal time, as well as the option to participate in our 403(b).
Contact Information :
To apply please send your resume/CV and cover letter to [email protected] for consideration. Please use the Subject line “Education and Community Engagement Program Manager – Stone Living Lab_(your last name)” in your email.