What is The Corps Network?download
Position title :Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator
Deadline to apply :09/18/2020
Town, City, Park, etc :Austin
State / Territory :Texas
Organization/Program Description :
The mission of American YouthWorks is to provide young people with opportunities to build careers, strengthen communities, and improve the environment through education, on-the-job training, and service to others. American YouthWorks houses the Texas Conservation Corps program.
Position Description :
The Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator will establish and administer programs for targeting recruitment and retention of members by making presentations to groups and, or individuals; will also coordinate recruitment efforts with program managers to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the Texas Conservation Corps program. The Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator will nurture relationships with prospective members, manage on-going relationships, and serves as the primary point of contact for Alumni.
Job Duties :
- Develop and execute outreach strategies that support TxCC’s recruitment goals;
- Develop and pilot new recruitment strategies to meet increasing need for applicants and to engage a broader constituency of young people in our programs;
- Interact with public and project partners, including extensive participation in recruitment events;
- Collaborate with development department and coordinate social media presence for program;
- Type correspondence; and communicate open positions to recruiting sites and program applicants;
- Communicate with and track all applicants to appropriate personnel in our Texas and Louisiana Conservation Corps program;
- Assist with required national service criminal history checks on incoming members;
- Create and maintain Alumni programming per AYW and funding requirements;
- Generate special reports / analysis and develop / implement new systems as required by funding sources;
- Manage Conservation Corps events such as MLK Day, National Trails Days, It’s My Park Day, and other National/Service events as required;
- Regularly and routinely update agency and partner databases per AYW and funder requirements;
- Participate in AmeriCorps Central Texas collaborative and relate pertinent information to program administrators;
- Assist with quarterly AmeriCorps reporting as it relates to performance measures, recruitment metrics, and member retention;
- Support member development initiatives to support member growth and leadership;
- Support other staff with the planning and execution of orientation, events, graduation, educational activities and other celebrations;
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION: High School Diploma or GED;
EXPERIENCE: Four years or more of previous work related experience with recruitment or outreach, Familiarity with AmeriCorps or public service, and reporting measurements, managing files, working with grants and contracts, audit requests, compliance, and member coordination. Experience working with young adults and academically and socially at-risk opportunity youth, ages 18-26, with a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, cultural and spiritual practices;
EQUIVALENT EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of study related to the specified work experience;
90 hours towards a bachelor’s degree with at least 18 hours (equals 3 years) in a field of study related to the specified work experience and 1 year of the specified work experience;
Associate’s degree in a field of study related to the specified work experience and 2 years of the specified work experience.