Position title :Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Type of Position :Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc :Austin
State / Territory :Texas
Benefits :Childcare, Health Insurance
Project/Program Focus :Other, Volunteer Engagement, Young Adult Programs (18+)
Organization/Program Description :
The mission of American YouthWorks is to provide young people with opportunities to build careers, strengthen communities, and improve the environment through education, on-the-job training, and service to others. Texas Conservation Corps (TxCC) is a 21st Century Conservation Service Corps accredited program that empowers young people through service, conservation, education, and jobs training. TxCC participants engage in hands-on conservation projects on public lands, coastal regions, National Parks, and recreational areas across the Central Southern United States. TxCC crews, as part of the greater AmeriCorps Disaster Response Teams, are trained and are deployed by FEMA to help communities impacted by natural disasters such as hurricanes, floods, and tornados. The Conservation Corps experience builds leadership skills, connection with community, and prepares young people with skills needed to enter the workforce with a strong work ethic and sense of service.
Position Description :
The Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator will establish and administer programs for targeting recruitment and retention of members by making presentations to groups and, or individuals; will also coordinate recruitment efforts with program managers to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the TxCC program. The Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator will nurture relationships with prospective members, manage ongoing relationships, and serves as the primary point of contact for Alumni.
Job Duties :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and basic tasks.
Under the direction of the Program Operations and Compliance Director, the Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Develop and execute outreach strategies that support TxCC’s and LaCC’s recruitment goals;
- Develop and pilot new recruitment strategies to meet the increasing need for applicants and to engage a broader constituency of young people in our programs;
- Interact with public and project partners, including extensive participation in recruitment events;
- Collaborate with development department and coordinate social media presence for the program;
- Type correspondence, and communicate open positions to recruiting sites and program applicants;
- Communicate with and track all applicants to appropriate personnel in our Texas and Louisiana Conservation Corps program;
- Assist with required national service criminal history checks on incoming members;
- Create and maintain Alumni programming per AYW and funding requirements;
- Generate special reports/analyses and develop/implement new systems as required by funding sources;
- Manage Conservation Corps events such as MLK Day, National Trails Days, It’s My Park Day, and other National/Service events as required;
- Regularly and routinely update agency and partner databases per AYW and funder requirements;
- Participate in AmeriCorps Central Texas collaborative and relate pertinent information to program administrators;
- Assist with quarterly AmeriCorps reporting as it relates to performance measures, recruitment metrics, and member retention;
- Support member development initiatives to support member growth and leadership;
- Support other staff with the planning and execution of orientation, events, graduation, educational activities, and other celebrations;
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
RACIAL EQUITY, DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & BELONGING (REDIB)
Promote continued organization support of Racial Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging initiatives. Seek to remove systemic barriers for underrepresented populations within the agency and our partnerships
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION:
High School Diploma or GED;
Four years or more of previous work-related experience with recruitment or outreach, Familiarity with AmeriCorps or public service, and reporting measurements, managing files, working with grants and contracts, audit requests, compliance, and member coordination. Experience working with young adults and academically and socially at-risk opportunity youth, ages 18-26, with a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, cultural and spiritual practices;
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of study related to the specified work experience; OR 90 hours towards a bachelor’s degree with at least 18 hours (equals 3 years) in a field of study related to the specified work experience and 1 year of the specified work experience; OR Associate’s degree in a field of study related to the specified work experience and 2 years of the specified work experience.
Intermediate administrative and clerical procedures and systems, Microsoft Office and Google applications, file and records management, designing and modifying forms, and other office terminology; office techniques, tools, and principles and terminology, business and management principles involved in planning;
Active listening, critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, Complex problem solving, time management and managing the time of others, monitoring and assessing the performance of self, other individuals, or the organizations to make improvements or take corrective action;
Deductive and inductive reasoning, problem sensitivity, comfortably making decisions and solving problems, organizing, planning, and prioritizing work, attentive to detail and accuracy; Friendly, cooperative, and willing to assist others; able and willing to travel and work a variable schedule.