What is The Corps Network?download
American Conservation Experience
Position title :ACE EPIC Recruitment Specialist (NPS Division)
Town, City, Park, etc :Salt Lake City
State / Territory :Utah
Organization/Program Description :
American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding environmental service opportunities that harness the idealism and energy of a volunteer labor force to help restore America’s public lands. ACE has a national reputation for providing exceptional training and support to enable interns and fellows to safely and economically implement technically complex and physically demanding conservation projects for the US Forest Service, BLM, National Park Service, US FWS and numerous state and local land management partners.
Title: ACE EPIC Recruitment Specialist
Position Location: Salt Lake City, Utah (Sugarhouse)
Position Level: Full-Time Professional Recruiter
Position Contact: Peter Woodruff, NPS Division Director ACE EPIC
Start Date: ASAP, Position Open Until Filled
Position Description :
Required Duties and Responsibilities
“Conservation is a Human Endeavor”
American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a 501c3, a national non-profit conservation corps with its Emerging Professional Internship Corps (EPIC) program office located in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are dynamic non-profit organization dedicated to providing rewarding environmental service opportunities that harness the idealism and energy of a volunteer labor force to help restore America’s public lands. ACE has a national reputation for providing exceptional training and support to enable interns and fellows to safely and economically implement technically complex and physically demanding conservation projects for the US Forest Service, BLM, National Park Service, US FWS and numerous state and local land management partners.
The National Park Service (NPS) division of the EPIC program is seeking to bring a Full-Time Professional team member on-board who is passionate about public land management, and desires to work at the national level through ACE’s 21stCentury Service Corps partnership with our Federal land management partners. Our partnership responsibility is to provide a bridge between emerging professionals and career opportunities as public servants within the Department of Interior, Department of Agriculture, and nonfederal agencies.
Job Duties :
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
An individual who has worked with the National Park Service or is familiar and passionate about implementing its mission (to balance public resource enjoyment, education, and inspiration with resource preservation) would be ideal.
Experience working with other agencies, in higher education, or for non-profits that have a conservation/resource mission will also be very useful, as ACE works with a variety of different partners, including the Departments of Interior and Agriculture. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of the rigors of earning a BA/BS degree (or higher) in biological, cultural/historical, geoscience, or environmental science fields, though a degree in these fields is not required.
Essential Functions Specific to the Job
- Facilitate Recruiting for ACE’s National Park Service partners nationally.
- Edit and post announcements, review and interview candidates, conduct reference checks and referrals.
- Directly plan and implement outreach for NPS recruitment efforts including forming and maintaining new partnerships with professional organizations and societies, tribes, schools, and local community groups to garner prospective
- Expand program capacity and resources to recruit for workforce diversity as agency directives request.
- Participate in related trainings, collect and organize data on recruitment statistics, and program activity and success.
- Extremely strong communication skills over the phone and in person, and a deep interest in the welfare and development of ACE’s emerging professional interns and fellows.
- Commitment to ACE’s mission to public service through youth development & volunteerism.
- Highly organized with the ability to maintain organization of hundreds of intern applications and (at times) dozens of simultaneous projects nationally.
- Strong computer management skills including experience with recruitment software and online personnel databases, iOS, MS Office Suite, Google Suite, or equivalents.
- Must be flexible, with the ability to work well as part of a highly mobile, highly functional team.
- Demonstrated strong time management skills and the ability and desire to perform multiple variable deadline-driven tasks.
- Knowledge and professional acceptance of the varied missions of federal agencies.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
- Evening, weekend and/or holiday work and travel will be necessary as target college students/graduates are not necessarily available during normal business hours.
- Desire to conduct site visits which may include field work, when possible.
- Ability to pass a federal criminal background check will be required. ACE reserves the right to require drug testing within our programs.
Additional Benefits :
Job Benefits and Compensation:
- Highly flexible full-time work schedule. Workplanisdynamic and flexible.
- National travel to NPS dutystationsthroughoutthestates and territories.
- Casual, yet professional non-partisan work environment, with a shared outdoor & conservation ethic.
- Compensation depending on experience. Salary range $30,000-$36,500.
- ACE offers health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and designated Holidays for qualified employees.
Contact Information :
For specific questions, please contact: Peter Woodruff at 801.989.7069, or [email protected].
Additional Information :
Deadline / To Apply:
Open until Filled. To apply: https://usaconservationstaff.applicantpool.com/jobs/418389.html You must include a resume, one-page cover letter and three professional references. One PDF please. Qualified applicants may be contacted to arrange an interview. Applicants must follow all application instructions in order to be considered for this position.
American Conservation Experience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Conservation Experience complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.