American Conservation Experience
Position title :Conservation Crew Member
Deadline to apply :Applications accepted on rolling basis
Start Date :10/01/2021
End Date :12/31/2021
Type of Position :Corpsmember / Intern
Town, City, Park, etc :Flagstaff
State / Territory :Arizona
Benefits :AmeriCorps, Education Award, Housing – Primarily Camping, Housing – Primarily Non-Camping, Industry-Recognized Certifications, Public Land Corps Hiring Authority, Student Loan Forbearance
Project/Program Focus :Aquatic Restoration, Coastal Restoration, Construction/Masonry, Forestry, Habitat Restoration, Invasive Species Mngmt, Landscaping, Other, Trails
Organization/Program Description :
American Conservation Experience (ACE) is a non-profit conservation corps dedicated to providing job skills development to young adults in the conservation field. Join ACE’s Crew program to experience your public lands in a whole new way while learning valuable job skills, making money towards education, and building lasting personal and professional connections. Start your journey with ACE today, and discover where your path will lead!
Position Description :
Members of our crew program can expect to get a wide range of experiences while working alongside land management professionals and ACE staff. Members learn new skills and do everything from building new trails, removing invasive plants, planting native plants, historic preservation to fencing for wildlife and range management on public lands.
Job Duties :
Field work and other duties might include but are not limited to:
- Habitat restoration
- Trail construction and maintenance
- Dry and wet stone masonry
- Forest thinning
- Plant identification
- Invasive species removal
Must meet AmeriCorps and Federal Development requirements. Applicants must be US Citizens or permanent residents, and be between the ages of 18-30, or 18-35 for veterans. All members must also consent to a criminal history check.
Additional Benefits :
Additional benefit details include:
- $400 bi-weekly living stipend
- 3 High quality and nutritious meals daily while on project- accommodating your dietary needs and preferences
- Free Housing Accommodations on off days
- Tent and camp kitchen supplies while working in the field
- Transportation to and from worksites is provided by ACE
- Access to a variety of outdoor pro deals with gear companies with exclusive discounts on the spectrum of outdoor gear ranging from 30-50% off MSRP.
- Upon successful completion of a full term, AmeriCorps Members receive an additional Education Award of $3,172.50 (for 900 hours/24 weeks) or $1,678.57 (for 450 hours/12 weeks). This award can be used to pay education-related costs including tuition and payback of qualifying student loans. Individuals have 7 years to use the education award.
- Comprehensive hands-on training that will prepare members to build a career in conservation. Training depends on the type of crew you join, but may include chainsaw, technical trail, herbicide, wilderness medical/first aid, Leave No Trace, outdoor leadership, backcountry skills and more, an average value of over $1,500.
- Eligible student loans can be placed into forbearance while serving in AmeriCorps with ACE
- Some Members are eligible for preferential hiring status following their term of service. Corps Members who serve a minimum of 640 total hours, with 120 of those hours on an eligible public land project, may qualify for Public Land Corps non-competitive hiring status when applying to future federal jobs.
Contact Information :
Michael Pietak- [email protected]