Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa (HQ)
FOUNDED IN: 2003
60 Plato Blvd E. Ste. 210
St. Paul, Minnesota
Team Leader - MN Energy Climate Corps
Actively Recruiting: Yes
Position title: Team Leader - MN Energy Climate Corps
Type of Position: Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc: Minneapolis
State / Territory: Minnesota
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
Project/Program Focus: Energy/Water Efficiency
The MN Energy Climate Corps is a new sustainability initiative whose goal is to mitigate climate change by cutting greenhouse gas emissions while training the next generation for energy-related careers. Our crews will implement energy efficiency and renewable energy measures in public buildings that will improve occupant conditions and help public organizations save money through energy efficiency. In this program, crews of AmeriCorps members led by staff Team Leaders will earn green job credentials and gain on-the-job experience providing wraparound energy services, including activities such as whole building energy audits and weatherization, basic HVAC maintenance, solar readiness assessments, public outreach, and more. Team Leaders set an example for young people through their attitude, ability, knowledge, attention to detail, and pride of work.
Supervises crew of 5 – 10 AmeriCorps members. Reports to Program Manager.
- Demonstrate and teach appropriate methods to complete energy conservation service projects, including safety practices, project techniques, teambuilding, and workforce skills.
- Maintain positive work and learning environment for the crew.
- Coordinate with staff, partners, and crew members on project details to ensure crews are properly equipped and compliant with Corps policies.
- Safely transport and direct crews at partner sites and on overnight camp or "spike operations” when traveling.
- Safely transport and direct crews on disaster relief operations, if needed.
- Track, document, and report crew members’ time and attendance.
- Enter crew and project data in the automated project tracking system; prepare and process written reports and other administrative documents.
- Maintain and secure assigned property, including vehicles.
- Attend and participate in organizational meetings to improve programming.
- Review work accomplishment forms to ensure accuracy in reporting.
- Leadership and programming experience (preferably with the 18-35 age group) and demonstrated ability to problem solve and respond competently to situations associated with managing young
- Initiative to act independently with minimal supervision and ability to multi-task and be flexible with responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal personnel management and external outreach.
- Ability to effectively explain and demonstrate safe work methods and practices.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation measures, building trades, and/or sustainability practices.
- Working knowledge of computer-based data collection and management.
- Demonstrated commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, and working with diverse audiences.
- Experience with the use and maintenance of equipment including power and hand tools.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should apply by sending a resume AND cover letter to [email protected]. Please include MN Energy Climate Corps Team Leader in the email subject line.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2023