Idaho Conservation Corps
5657 Warm Springs Ave
Conservation Crew Leader - Summer Camping Crews (Boise, ID)
Position title: Conservation Crew Leader - Summer Camping Crews (Boise, ID)
Type of Position: Crew Leader
Town, City, Park, etc: Boise
State / Territory: Idaho
Idaho Conservation Corps is a state wide program of Northwest Youth Corps. Northwest Youth Corps (NYC) was started in 1982—during a tough economic period—with the mission of helping youth and young adults to learn, grow, and experience success. Since that time, NYC has helped 17,000 diverse young people benefit from education, leadership, empowerment, and challenge, while completing high priority resource management objectives across the state. Annually NYC crews carry out 180,000 hours of projects such as invasive plant removal, riparian planting, stream restoration, fence construction, and trail maintenance for a variety of federal, state, and local partners.
Our core purpose is to provide opportunities for youth and young adults to learn, grow, and experience success. Our programs focus on education, challenge, community, leadership and empowerment, giving youth critical life skills and confidence. Programs stress teamwork, inclusion, and leadership while promoting a solid work ethic and individual achievement. Youth leave Idaho Conservation Corps knowing that they can overcome obstacles, solve problems, make friends, and attain their objectives in life.
TRAINING: ICC offers exceptional training including USDA equivalent chainsaw training.
COMPENSATION: Ranges from $710- $775 weekly we also have AmeriCorps leader and assistant leader positions offering a stipend of $2850 +education award.
- At least 21 years old
- Current Wilderness First Aid (or higher) and CPR certification or willingness to obtain prior to employment start date
- Recreational/ professional outdoor experience, accustomed to living for periods of time without modern conveniences
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- Experience/desire in working with diverse populations
- Current Driver’s License and ability to pass background checks and follow COVID protocols