AmeriCorps St. Louis
1315 Ann Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri
Actively Recruiting: Yes
Position title: Executive Director
Type of Position: Staff (Full-Time)
Town, City, Park, etc: St. Louis
State / Territory: Missouri
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Industry-Recognized Certifications, Vision Insurance
Project/Program Focus: Climate Change, Disaster Prep/Response, Forestry, Forestry/Tree Management, Habitat Restoration, Wildfire Management
Attachments/Supplemental Materials: Staff-Position-Descrtiption-Executive-Director.docx
The Executive Director is the leader responsible for all organizational finances, operations, and personnel. The Executive Director serves as the conduit to the Board of Directors and supports the organizational planning and implementation of all aspects in support of ACSTL’s mission.
- Serve as leader of AmeriCorps St. Louis and liaison to Board of Directors
- Collaborate with Board of Directors and Staff to develop and implement organizational strategy
- Lead ACSTL’s programs, projects, Staff and Members in fulfillment of organizational mission.
- Develop annual budget and manage program financial oversight
- Cultivate community relationships to strengthen ACSTL’s visibility and impact
- Actively engage stakeholders to effectively connect interests with ACSTL’s vision and goals.
- Increase revenue opportunities through grants, partnering organizations, and sponsored projects
- Support grant renewals and grant applications to secure resources and to provide for program continuity
- Evaluate programs and expand programs into existing and emerging markets
- Assess program quality through the monitoring of processes, delivery of demonstrable results, and implementation of continuous improvement plans
- Review and approves hiring, training, evaluation, and dismissal of staff
- Manage the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures to provide for effective financial, facility, human resources, and risk management
- Oversee the maintenance, safety, and security of AmeriCorps St. Louis facility and inherent assets
A note to potential candidates: Multiple studies have shown that BIPOC, women, trans, non-binary, individuals with disabilities, and other candidates from multiply-marginalized populations are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications in a job description. AmeriCorps St. Louis is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, and finding the best candidate for the position. We would strongly encourage those interested to apply, even if they don’t believe they meet every one of the qualifications described below:
Experience in nonprofit management, project management, relationship building, fundraising, and/or strategic planning in the nonprofit sector.
Experience working effectively toward mutual outcomes with staff, volunteers, and stakeholders across wide ranging skills, communication styles, and interests.
Strong interpersonal and public communications skills, written and verbal.
Ability to network effectively to identify and develop partnership opportunities.
Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for the principles and practices of individual and program development.
Proficiency in financial stewardship, data management, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite.
Demonstrated leadership experience.
Graduate degree preferred, ideally with non-profit management, but not required
Send Cover Letter and Resume to hiring administrator ([email protected]) subject line “Executive Director – Applicant.” Applicants that advance to final stages will be asked for contact information for professional references.
Cover Letter should include a response to the following: Share an experience of serving effectively with a diverse group of partners/communities to accomplish successful programming, in a professional or volunteer role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled. Priority is given to early applicants.