- A Corpsmember’s Roman Holiday
- Sequoia Community Corps Helps Deliver Water to Drought Affected Households
- Sequoia Community Corps Receives Grant for Used Oil Recycling Program
- Your Chance to Win Fantastic Original Artwork & Support The Corps Network
- Conservation Corps experience boosts skateboard business owner’s prospects
What is The Corps Network?download
Corpsmember Success Story: Luis Cruz
Submitted by Hannah Traverse on 10/16/2012
From the October 2012 edition of Corps Conection – the Sequoia Community Corps Newsletter
Luis Cruz has been an outstanding member of the Sequoia Community Corps for five years. After a friend told him about the Corps, Luis joined to learn valuable job skills. Luis has learned how to complete projects such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC repair and more.
One of Luis’ most memorable experiences as a member of the Corps is assisting a disabled Porterville resident. She was unable to find work and wasn’t comfortable in her home. Luis helped install new windows, doors and a stove. The resident was extremely grateful and Luis was very happy to help someone that really needed it.
After he completes the Corps, Luis hopes to use his skills to help people and to find employment in the construction industry.