- Veterans Fire Corps Program Profile: Southeast Conservation Corps
- 2018 Project of the Year: Southwest Conservation Corps and Montana Conservation Corps – Wyoming Women’s Fire Corps
- 2018 Project of the Year: Vermont Youth Conservation Corps – Health Care Share Program
- 2018 Project of the Year: LA Conservation Corps – Wiseburn Walking Path
- 2018 Project of the Year: California Conservation Corps – Save the Sierras, Tree Mortality Program
What is The Corps Network?download
2010 Project of the Year: The Dolores River Restoration Program
Winner: Canyon Country Youth Corps
Region-wide conservation removing invasive species and restoring native vegetation has been planned and will be carried out in a five-year action plan thanks to a unique partnership between Canyon Country Youth Corps (CCYC) and Southwest Conservation Corps (SCC): The Dolores River Restoration Program. The catalyst for the project was The Walton Family Foundation’s Freshwater Initiative – and through technical guidance and funding, the Foundation expects to expand its efforts to four other tributaries of the Colorado River.
SCC and CCYC provided each Corpsmember with over 120 hours of training in chainsaw operations, basic GPC monitoring and data collection, river ecology, noxious weed identification, and introductory herbicide application training. Crews have contributed 4,500 hours monitoring and treating over 34 river miles. At the end of the program, SCC and CCYC assisted Corpsmembers in connecting with federal jobs.
These two initial Corps – SCC and CCYC – expect to codify the program model for replication by other Corps across the Colorado River Basin and other similar areas.