- 2018 Project of the Year: Southwest Conservation Corps and Montana Conservation Corps – Wyoming Women’s Fire Corps
- 2018 Project of the Year: Vermont Youth Conservation Corps – Health Care Share Program
- 2018 Project of the Year: LA Conservation Corps – Wiseburn Walking Path
- 2018 Project of the Year: California Conservation Corps – Save the Sierras, Tree Mortality Program
- Mary Ellen’s Blog: TCN on the Map
What is The Corps Network?download
2008 Project of the Year: Quality Neighborhoods Improvement Program
Winner: Greater Miami Service Corps
Through the Quality Neighborhood Improvement Program (QNIP), Corpsmembers repair and/or install sidewalks in local neighborhoods. Since April 2007, 16 Corpsmembers have received hands-on experience installing 13,961 linear feet of sidewalk. This partnership is mutually beneficial to all partners, achieving each entity’s organizational goals. QNIP enhances property values in inner-city areas, many of which never had sidewalks. In addition, Corpsmembers are trained and prepared for work opportunities in the construction field, a high growth area in South Florida.
The partners include: Miami Dade County Board of Commissioners (set-aside funding for youth workforce development opportunities); Community Action Agency (intermediary with that allows Corps to obtain contract); The Office of Capital Management (policy support and tracking of all capital project completion); Miami-Dade Public Works (project oversight and inspections); Rainbow Enterprises (engineering sub-contractor and project superintendent); Miami-Dade Public Schools/Lindsey Hopkins Technical Education Center (academic, vocational, and GED training/scholarships); Miami Gardens Job Corps (academic and vocational training for co-enrolled youth); and The Greater Miami Service Corps (pre-employment and life skills, work experience, service learning, counseling, educational opportunities, internships, and job placement).