- Service and Conservation Corps Celebrate AmeriCorps Week 2018
- Hurricane Maria Recovery: A Washington Conservation Corps Story from the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Hurricane Harvey Recovery: Firsthand Account of Relief Efforts in TX from Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa AmeriCorps Member Caleb Bell
- Corps Recognize 9-11 National Day of Service and Remembrance 2017
- Sweat and Long Hours: Texas Conservation Corps Puts in the Work to Maintain Trails
What is The Corps Network?download
2007 Corpsmember of the Year: Tatiana Rodrigues
As a Corpsmember with the Sacramento Local Conservation Corps (SLCC) in Sacramento, CA, Tatiana has been able to turn her life around. When Tatiana was 15, her mother was incarcerated. Later, she was expelled from high school and learned about SLCC through a friend.
At the Corps she worked on a variety of community projects including a team that helped school children learn the value of recycling. During her time with the SLCC, Tatiana earned an AmeriCorps education award to help pay for college and she plans to complete her high school diploma by the end of this school year.
As Tatiana said, “Things only get worse if you don’t keep your head up. At the Corps I’ve had a change of heart, change of attitude and a change of behavior. I’ve learned to become more focused on my goals. Nobody in my family ever went to college. I’m going to be the first!”