- Service and Conservation Corps Celebrate AmeriCorps Week 2018
- Hurricane Maria Recovery: A Washington Conservation Corps Story from the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Hurricane Harvey Recovery: Firsthand Account of Relief Efforts in TX from Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa AmeriCorps Member Caleb Bell
- Corps Recognize 9-11 National Day of Service and Remembrance 2017
- Sweat and Long Hours: Texas Conservation Corps Puts in the Work to Maintain Trails
What is The Corps Network?download
2006 Corpsmember of the Year: Michael Bridges
***Update! Click here to find out what Michael has been up to since he won his award.***
Nothing can keep Michael Bridges from reaching his goals. Moving a total of eight levels through the Conservation Corps of Long Beach (CCLB) program from the blue hat all the way to the white hat, Michael has raised the standard for corps excellence. He served as a Corps council member, was awarded seven Outstanding Achievement Awards, and earned more than $5,000 in scholarships through the AmeriCorps Education Awards Program and CCLB scholarship funds to use toward his post high school education.
Michael’s exemplary work ethic and positive outlook on every situation have helped to bond the crew into more of a family. His peers respected him so much that they nominated him for the keynote speech at the CCLB graduation. Michael is currently a staff member at CCLB, supervising five corpsmembers in independent projects around Long Beach. Making use of the Corps resources, Michael was awarded his high school diploma. He even attended the California Leigislative Day as a guest of CCLB.
Michael said, “My time in the Corps has greatly changed my life because it gave me the second chance I was looking for when I failed to graduate from high school. Now I have a high school diploma in addition to a great opportunity to attend college.