- Service and Conservation Corps Celebrate AmeriCorps Week 2018
- Hurricane Maria Recovery: A Washington Conservation Corps Story from the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Hurricane Harvey Recovery: Firsthand Account of Relief Efforts in TX from Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa AmeriCorps Member Caleb Bell
- Corps Recognize 9-11 National Day of Service and Remembrance 2017
- Sweat and Long Hours: Texas Conservation Corps Puts in the Work to Maintain Trails
What is The Corps Network?download
Waukegan, Illinois Salutes Local AmeriCorps Members
Speakers at an event to honor AmeriCorps members in Waukegan, IL. Corpsmember of the Year Germain Castellanos pictured on the far left.
For one week every year, communities and nonprofit organizations rally together to honor AmeriCorps members, AmeriCorps alums, and the hard work these men and women do for our country. During this year’s AmeriCorps Week, held March 9 – 17, Youth Conservation Corps of Lake County (YCC) joined with other area nonprofits to salute local AmeriCorps members at a ceremony in Waukegan, Illinois’s Robert Sabonjian Plaza.
Illinois AmeriCorps members.
The event included speeches from a number of individuals who know firsthand the importance of AmeriCorps programs. Attendees heard from representatives from Youth Build Lake County and Habitat for Humanity Lake County, as well as from Bob McCammon, Executive Director of YCC. Germain Castellanos, a YCC alum and a 2005 Corpsmember of the Year, also spoke.
Since 1994, over 20,000 people from Illinois have served as AmeriCorps members. They have donated a combined 26 million hours of service to bettering American communities.
Thank you for everything you do!